Forgetting/AskingFor password - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Forgetting/AskingFor password - Mozilla ; Hello, I have set up a POP3 account and saved the password, so that I don't have to enter it every time. This has worked very nicely for me until a couple of days back when I went to the ...

  1. Forgetting/AskingFor password

    Hello,

    I have set up a POP3 account and saved the password, so that I don't
    have to enter it every time. This has worked very nicely for me until a
    couple of days back when I went to the ISP's website and changed my
    password. I expected Thunderbird to ask me for a password the next time
    I try to check mail, as obviously the authentication would fail. But TB
    just gives the authentication failed message and never asks me to try
    for a new password. I even couldn't find a way to forget any stored
    passwords. Any solution to this?

    Thanks and regards.

    Vaibhav Kulkarni

  2. Re: Forgetting/AskingFor password

    Vaibhav Kulkarni wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have set up a POP3 account and saved the password, so that I don't
    > have to enter it every time. This has worked very nicely for me until a
    > couple of days back when I went to the ISP's website and changed my
    > password. I expected Thunderbird to ask me for a password the next time
    > I try to check mail, as obviously the authentication would fail. But TB
    > just gives the authentication failed message and never asks me to try
    > for a new password. I even couldn't find a way to forget any stored
    > passwords. Any solution to this?

    Just as I wrote this email, a little tinkering and I found the solution!
    It's in the Options window, while I was searching for it in Account
    Settings (very logical).

    Sorry for the trouble.

    Vaibhav Kulkarni

+ Reply to Thread