Splitting message compose window - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Splitting message compose window - Mozilla ; Hi, I've just joined this newsgroup, so apologies if this has been asked before! Is it possible, or is there a plan to add a feature, to split the message composition window into scrollable panes? This is a common feature ...

  1. Splitting message compose window

    Hi,

    I've just joined this newsgroup, so apologies if this has been asked before!

    Is it possible, or is there a plan to add a feature, to split the
    message composition window into scrollable panes? This is a common
    feature seen in e.g. MS Word or even going back to the basic Vi editor
    (:split in the excellent vim).

    I would often find this useful when replying to lengthy emails, where I
    could have my response visible in the top pane as well as scrolling
    through the original mail in the bottom pane.

    I can tile the separate windows of the original mail and the reply, but
    being able to use split panes would be a lot neater (assuming you
    include original mail in your reply).

    Also, I tried doing a search on the newsgroup messages for anything on
    this using Thunderbird and go an "xpat not supported" error?

    Cheers,

    Andrew

  2. Re: Splitting message compose window

    On 09-03-2006 04:47 CET, Andrew Duncan composed this enchanting statement:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just joined this newsgroup, so apologies if this has been asked
    > before!
    >
    > Is it possible, or is there a plan to add a feature, to split the
    > message composition window into scrollable panes? This is a common
    > feature seen in e.g. MS Word or even going back to the basic Vi editor
    > (:split in the excellent vim).
    >
    > I would often find this useful when replying to lengthy emails, where
    > I could have my response visible in the top pane as well as scrolling
    > through the original mail in the bottom pane.
    >
    > I can tile the separate windows of the original mail and the reply,
    > but being able to use split panes would be a lot neater (assuming you
    > include original mail in your reply).
    >
    > Also, I tried doing a search on the newsgroup messages for anything on
    > this using Thunderbird and go an "xpat not supported" error?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Andrew

    AFAIK there's no split screen feature for Thunderbird.

    This news server does not accept a full message search. However, you can
    download and search the text body of the messages by taking the
    Newsgroup off-line.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

+ Reply to Thread