Deleting accounts leaves behind too many traces (junk/bloat) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Deleting accounts leaves behind too many traces (junk/bloat) - Mozilla ; Out of curiosity, why does Thunderbird leave behind so much stuff when an account is deleted from Account Settings? I have found references to the deleted account in about :config and Prefs. js (many others?). Why not delete things that ...

  1. Deleting accounts leaves behind too many traces (junk/bloat)

    Out of curiosity, why does Thunderbird leave behind so much stuff when
    an account is deleted from Account Settings? I have found references to
    the deleted account in about:config and Prefs.js (many others?). Why not
    delete things that eventually create a profile that is full of useless
    junk? (as a Windows user, I am used to this behavior, both from the OS
    and other programs, in the end it just doesn't make sense).

  2. Re: Deleting accounts leaves behind too many traces (junk/bloat)

    Michael wrote:

    > Out of curiosity, why does Thunderbird leave behind so much stuff when
    > an account is deleted from Account Settings? I have found references to
    > the deleted account in about:config and Prefs.js (many others?). Why not
    > delete things that eventually create a profile that is full of useless
    > junk? (as a Windows user, I am used to this behavior, both from the OS
    > and other programs, in the end it just doesn't make sense).

    also, take a look in your profile. You may also see traces of the
    account and files still hanging around.

    --
    so you think you've got computer problems!? HA! Its probably nothing
    compared to this kids problem:

  3. Re: Deleting accounts leaves behind too many traces (junk/bloat)

    Michael said the following on 3/7/2006 10:31 AM:
    > Out of curiosity, why does Thunderbird leave behind so much stuff when
    > an account is deleted from Account Settings? I have found references to
    > the deleted account in about:config and Prefs.js (many others?). Why not
    > delete things that eventually create a profile that is full of useless
    > junk? (as a Windows user, I am used to this behavior, both from the OS
    > and other programs, in the end it just doesn't make sense).

    I suspect that the idea was that if you decided to resubscribe, you'd be
    back to the way you were before.

    --
    Charlie in San Francisco

  4. Re: Deleting accounts leaves behind too many traces (junk/bloat)

    _Michael_ spoke thusly on 07/03/2006 1:31 PM:
    > Out of curiosity, why does Thunderbird leave behind so much stuff when
    > an account is deleted from Account Settings? I have found references to
    > the deleted account in about:config and Prefs.js (many others?).

    If you're going to post a question in one thread, please don't start
    another thread, asking the exact same question. Discussion gets fragmented.
    See my answer to your previous post

    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  5. Re: Deleting accounts leaves behind too many traces (junk/bloat)

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Michael_ spoke thusly on 07/03/2006 1:31 PM:
    >> Out of curiosity, why does Thunderbird leave behind so much stuff when
    >> an account is deleted from Account Settings? I have found references to
    >> the deleted account in about:config and Prefs.js (many others?).

    > If you're going to post a question in one thread, please don't start
    > another thread, asking the exact same question. Discussion gets fragmented.
    > See my answer to your previous post

    Noted, Melchert Fruitema mentioned that I should start a new thread is all.

+ Reply to Thread