Problem receiving big attachments - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problem receiving big attachments - Mozilla ; Hi everyone, I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.7 on a Windows 2000 system. It works very well apart from one problem. I can't receive e-mails with big attachments, e.g. pictures of about 10 megabytes. The computer is downloading for a time but ...

  1. Problem receiving big attachments

    Hi everyone,

    I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.7 on a Windows 2000 system.
    It works very well apart from one problem. I can't receive e-mails with
    big attachments, e.g. pictures of about 10 megabytes.
    The computer is downloading for a time but it seems it can't finish the
    process.
    In the end there is neither e-mail nor pictures.

    Downloading the e-mail + big attachment works nicely with a different
    e-mail programme. So I suppose it can't be the antivirus programme's
    fault (gdata antivirenkit).
    Any ideas what to do? Thank you for your help.

    Walter

  2. Re: Problem receiving big attachments

    On 04.03.2006 16:20 UK Time, Walter Gerecht wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.7 on a Windows 2000 system.
    > It works very well apart from one problem. I can't receive e-mails with
    > big attachments, e.g. pictures of about 10 megabytes.
    > The computer is downloading for a time but it seems it can't finish the
    > process.
    > In the end there is neither e-mail nor pictures.
    >
    > Downloading the e-mail + big attachment works nicely with a different
    > e-mail programme. So I suppose it can't be the antivirus programme's
    > fault (gdata antivirenkit).
    > Any ideas what to do? Thank you for your help.
    >
    > Walter

    Hi Walter,

    an upgrade probably won't solve your problem, but it certainly can't do
    any harm either.

    Do you have a good reason for not upgrading to the superior version 1.5?

    Gre aus England :-)

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk