empty windows - Mozilla

This is a discussion on empty windows - Mozilla ; Since a few days TB opens new windows without being asked to do it (at least not consciously). These windows are minimized (just the TB icon and the three windows buttons), and they are empty (nothing more than the icon ...

  1. empty windows

    Since a few days TB opens new windows without being asked to do it (at
    least not consciously). These windows are minimized (just the TB icon
    and the three windows buttons), and they are empty (nothing more than
    the icon and the three buttons). This morning I closed seven of them!
    Has someone experienced that strange behaviour?
    What could be the culprit? What can I try?

    Maurice

  2. Re: empty windows

    Maurice Starck wrote:

    > Since a few days TB opens new windows without being asked to do it (at
    > least not consciously). These windows are minimized (just the TB icon
    > and the three windows buttons), and they are empty (nothing more than
    > the icon and the three buttons). This morning I closed seven of them!
    > Has someone experienced that strange behaviour?
    > What could be the culprit? What can I try?
    >
    > Maurice

    do these vary in sizes? If so, then it depends on the site your
    visiting. They are popups and do a specific thing. So, post a link
    so someone can help more.

  3. Re: empty windows

    On 04/03/2006 17:19, gwtc wrote:
    > Maurice Starck wrote:
    >
    >> Since a few days TB opens new windows without being asked to do it (at
    >> least not consciously). These windows are minimized (just the TB icon
    >> and the three windows buttons), and they are empty (nothing more than
    >> the icon and the three buttons). This morning I closed seven of them!
    >> Has someone experienced that strange behaviour?
    >> What could be the culprit? What can I try?
    >>
    >> Maurice

    > do these vary in sizes? If so, then it depends on the site your
    > visiting. They are popups and do a specific thing. So, post a link
    > so someone can help more.

    These are empty Thunderbird windows. Why would they be related to a site
    I visit with Firefox?
    It seems that they appear when I'm composing a mail.

  4. Re: empty windows

    Maurice Starck wrote:

    > On 04/03/2006 17:19, gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Maurice Starck wrote:
    >>

    >>>Since a few days TB opens new windows without being asked to do it (at
    >>>least not consciously). These windows are minimized (just the TB icon
    >>>and the three windows buttons), and they are empty (nothing more than
    >>>the icon and the three buttons). This morning I closed seven of them!
    >>>Has someone experienced that strange behaviour?
    >>>What could be the culprit? What can I try?
    >>>
    >>>Maurice

    >>do these vary in sizes? If so, then it depends on the site your
    >>visiting. They are popups and do a specific thing. So, post a link
    >>so someone can help more.

    > These are empty Thunderbird windows. Why would they be related to a site
    > I visit with Firefox?
    > It seems that they appear when I'm composing a mail.

    right, sorry, I was in FF mode rather than TB

+ Reply to Thread