Get local folders back - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Get local folders back - Mozilla ; A long time ago I found a way to get rid of 'local folders'. How do I get them back? -- Jim Tyneside UK...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Get local folders back

  1. Get local folders back

    A long time ago I found a way to get rid of 'local folders'.
    How do I get them back?
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

  2. Re: Get local folders back

    _Jim Scott_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 5:12 PM:
    > A long time ago I found a way to get rid of 'local folders'.
    > How do I get them back?


    Try putting back whatever lines, you were told to remove from your prefs.js.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links
    (Please do not email me tech support questions)

  3. Re: Get local folders back

    On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:20:51 -0500, Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _Jim Scott_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 5:12 PM:
    >> A long time ago I found a way to get rid of 'local folders'.
    >> How do I get them back?

    >
    > Try putting back whatever lines, you were told to remove from your prefs.js.


    I feel sure it was you that told me how to get rid, but lordy it was about 2
    years ago.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

  4. Re: Get local folders back

    Jim Scott wrote:

    > On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:20:51 -0500, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >
    >>_Jim Scott_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 5:12 PM:
    >>
    >>>A long time ago I found a way to get rid of 'local folders'.
    >>>How do I get them back?

    >>
    >>Try putting back whatever lines, you were told to remove from your prefs.js.

    >
    >
    > I feel sure it was you that told me how to get rid, but lordy it was about 2
    > years ago.

    shame on Chris for not telling you how. Just reverse whats said here:
    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/LocalFolders.html. This says
    Mozilla Suite, but I'm sure it applies to TB

  5. Re: Get local folders back

    On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 19:17:05 -0800, gwtc wrote:

    > Jim Scott wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:20:51 -0500, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>_Jim Scott_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 5:12 PM:
    >>>
    >>>>A long time ago I found a way to get rid of 'local folders'.
    >>>>How do I get them back?
    >>>
    >>>Try putting back whatever lines, you were told to remove from your prefs.js.

    >>
    >>
    >> I feel sure it was you that told me how to get rid, but lordy it was about 2
    >> years ago.

    > shame on Chris for not telling you how. Just reverse whats said here:
    > http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/LocalFolders.html. This says
    > Mozilla Suite, but I'm sure it applies to TB


    I did it differently - by deleting prefs.js with Tb closed then on reopening
    Local Folders were back. I set up my mail accounts again and just dragged
    the contents of my old server folder into the Local Folders folder.
    Tada!
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

+ Reply to Thread