Filter rule "no junk" - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Filter rule "no junk" - Mozilla ; How can I setup a rule, which applies to all messages not marked as junk? Thomas...

  1. Filter rule "no junk"

    How can I setup a rule, which applies to all messages not marked as junk?

    Thomas

  2. Re: Filter rule "no junk"

    Thomas Olschewski wrote:
    > How can I setup a rule, which applies to all messages not marked as junk?

    ....wouldn't that be the same as your default setting for where mail from
    certain accounts should go?

    BR,
    Gudmund

  3. Re: Filter rule "no junk"

    I'd like to sort automatically junk to one folder (is done by junk filter)
    and remaining mails to another folder. I played around with filter settings
    and haven't found a solution.

    Thomas

    > ...wouldn't that be the same as your default setting for where mail from
    > certain accounts should go?
    >
    > BR,
    > Gudmund

  4. Re: Filter rule "no junk"

    Thomas Olschewski composed at the keyboard on 3/3/2006 9:45 AM:
    > I'd like to sort automatically junk to one folder (is done by junk filter)
    > and remaining mails to another folder. I played around with filter settings
    > and haven't found a solution.
    >
    > Thomas
    >

    >> ...wouldn't that be the same as your default setting for where mail from
    >> certain accounts should go?
    >>
    >> BR,
    >> Gudmund

    I believe that if you put the filter that moves junk above (before) the
    filter that moves other emails, it should work without a problem.

    But I always have my junk mail move to the junk folder automatically
    (Tools > Junk Mail Controls | "Settings" Tab -- "Handling" check "Move
    incoming messages determined to be junk mail to:" [select your
    preference] ).

    --Rich

  5. Re: Filter rule "no junk"

    _Thomas Olschewski_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 11:58 AM:
    > How can I setup a rule, which applies to all messages not marked as junk?

    I don't think you can. Message filters are applied before Junk Mail
    Controls.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  6. Re: Filter rule "no junk"

    Thomas Olschewski wrote:
    > I'd like to sort automatically junk to one folder (is done by junk filter)
    > and remaining mails to another folder. I played around with filter settings
    > and haven't found a solution.
    >
    > Thomas
    >

    >> ...wouldn't that be the same as your default setting for where mail from
    >> certain accounts should go?
    >>
    >> BR,
    >> Gudmund

    Um, isnt your inbox exactly what you want?
    It has all the messages that are not junk in it, why move them elsewhere?

  7. Re: Filter rule "no junk"

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Thomas Olschewski wrote:
    >> I'd like to sort automatically junk to one folder (is done by junk
    >> filter)
    >> and remaining mails to another folder. I played around with filter
    >> settings
    >> and haven't found a solution.
    >>
    >> Thomas
    >>
    >>> ...wouldn't that be the same as your default setting for where mail from
    >>> certain accounts should go?
    >>>
    >>> BR,
    >>> Gudmund

    > Um, isnt your inbox exactly what you want?
    > It has all the messages that are not junk in it, why move them elsewhere?

    Indeed, that's what I mean.

    BR,
    Gudmund

+ Reply to Thread