confused about message view - Mozilla

This is a discussion on confused about message view - Mozilla ; I would like my mail messages to come up looking the same as if using Netscape or IE. the pictures on some messages are just not there and I have this long thing of some kind of script (I'm not ...

  1. confused about message view

    I would like my mail messages to come up looking the same as if using
    Netscape or IE. the pictures on some messages are just not there and I
    have this long thing of some kind of script (I'm not sure exactly).
    but is there a way to get the message to look normal and display all the
    email address' without all the other information?
    I just want a normal email with the background, pictures etc...
    Is thundrbird able to do that?
    I thank you ahead of time for any assistance that you can give.
    Joe Washington

  2. Re: confused about message view

    Joe Washington wrote:
    > I would like my mail messages to come up looking the same as if using
    > Netscape or IE. the pictures on some messages are just not there and I
    > have this long thing of some kind of script (I'm not sure exactly).
    > but is there a way to get the message to look normal and display all the
    > email address' without all the other information?
    > I just want a normal email with the background, pictures etc...
    > Is thundrbird able to do that?
    > I thank you ahead of time for any assistance that you can give.
    > Joe Washington

    Hi,

    Not 100% sure what you are seeing, is this something that has changed
    in your Thunderbird recently? you can try the following:

    View | Attachments in Line

    Select/deselect it to see if it makes any difference to what you see.

    Also

    View | Headers

    Change between All and Normal.

    Please report back with the outcome.

    You may also have some extension problem, try starting in safe mode.

    Start | Program Files | Thunderbird | Thunderbird (Safe mode)

    The above path may be different on your system. What you need to run is:

    thunderbird.exe -safe-mode

    Ian

  3. Re: confused about message view

    _Joe Washington_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 5:47 AM:
    > I would like my mail messages to come up looking the same as if using
    > Netscape or IE. the pictures on some messages are just not there and I
    > have this long thing of some kind of script (I'm not sure exactly).
    > but is there a way to get the message to look normal and display all the
    > email address' without all the other information?
    > I just want a normal email with the background, pictures etc...
    > Is thundrbird able to do that?

    View -> Message Body as -> Original HTML.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator