message filter rule - Mozilla

This is a discussion on message filter rule - Mozilla ; Hi, How can I create filter rule like "condition1 or condition2 and condition3. At present I can only create e message filter like " condition1 or condition2 or condition3 " or " condition1 and condition2 and condition3 "...

  1. message filter rule

    Hi,
    How can I create filter rule like "condition1 or condition2 and
    condition3. At present I can only create e message filter like "
    condition1 or condition2 or condition3 " or " condition1 and condition2
    and condition3 "

  2. Re: message filter rule

    On 03-03-2006 06:01 CET, Amit Gupta composed this enchanting statement:
    > Hi,
    > How can I create filter rule like "condition1 or condition2 and
    > condition3. At present I can only create e message filter like "
    > condition1 or condition2 or condition3 " or " condition1 and
    > condition2 and condition3 "

    That is not possible in the (basic) user interface.

    You could try to expand on this typical example (from
    'msgFilterRules.dat'), excerpt:

    =====================================

    name="helpdesk_reply@computable.nl"
    enabled="yes"
    type="1"
    action="Move to folder"
    actionValue="mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/Bytes"
    condition="OR (from,is,helpdesk_reply@computable.nl)"
    condition="OR (from,is,helpdesk@intermediair.nl)"
    <=>
    Q: on adding an AND condition above: how would you do that?

    Good luck!

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

+ Reply to Thread