Thunderbird - safe mode - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird - safe mode - Mozilla ; I noticed in my Start Menu an entry for Mozilla\Thunderbird.exe and an entry for Mozilla\Thunderbird.exe -safe-mode. Anyone know what the safe-mode means. I tried the help page but no references were found. Thanks, Neil...

  1. Thunderbird - safe mode

    I noticed in my Start Menu an entry for Mozilla\Thunderbird.exe and an entry for Mozilla\Thunderbird.exe -safe-mode.

    Anyone know what the safe-mode means. I tried the help page but no references were found.

    Thanks,
    Neil

  2. Re: Thunderbird - safe mode

    _Phideaux_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 2:39 PM:
    > I noticed in my Start Menu an entry for Mozilla\Thunderbird.exe and an
    > entry for Mozilla\Thunderbird.exe -safe-mode.
    >
    > Anyone know what the safe-mode means. I tried the help page but no
    > references were found.

    Safe Mode is Thunderbird, with extensions and themes disabled.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Thunderbird - safe mode

    Phideaux wrote:

    > I noticed in my Start Menu an entry for Mozilla\Thunderbird.exe and an entry for Mozilla\Thunderbird.exe -safe-mode.
    >
    > Anyone know what the safe-mode means. I tried the help page but no references were found.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Neil

    if you start TB in safe-mode then it will disable all extensions and
    themes. This can be useful for testing to see if something is causing
    problems to TB. Sometimes and extension can cause TB to start having
    strange problems. So starting in safe mode disables that extension
    and if the problem goes away, then you know its the extension causing
    it. However, if the problem doesn't go away, then you know its not
    the extension and it tells you to look somewhere else for the problem.

  4. Re: Thunderbird - safe mode

    gwtc wrote:
    > Phideaux wrote:
    >
    >> I noticed in my Start Menu an entry for Mozilla\Thunderbird.exe and an
    >> entry for Mozilla\Thunderbird.exe -safe-mode.
    >>
    >> Anyone know what the safe-mode means. I tried the help page but no
    >> references were found.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Neil

    > if you start TB in safe-mode then it will disable all extensions and
    > themes. This can be useful for testing to see if something is causing
    > problems to TB. Sometimes and extension can cause TB to start having
    > strange problems. So starting in safe mode disables that extension and
    > if the problem goes away, then you know its the extension causing it.
    > However, if the problem doesn't go away, then you know its not the
    > extension and it tells you to look somewhere else for the problem.

    Thanks to both you and Chris for the info. Its good to know.

    Neil

+ Reply to Thread