Remove account - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Remove account - Mozilla ; I had 2 email accounts and one of these had be closed, so it was removed. How can I access the email folders in this removed account? Note, I am running Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 on a Win2K platform. --Thanks V. ...

  1. Remove account

    I had 2 email accounts and one of these had be closed, so it was
    removed. How can I access the email folders in this removed account?

    Note, I am running Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 on a Win2K platform.

    --Thanks
    V. Stokes

  2. Re: Remove account

    On 02-03-2006 20:03 CET, user@domain.invalid composed this enchanting
    statement:
    > I had 2 email accounts and one of these had be closed, so it was
    > removed. How can I access the email folders in this removed account?
    >
    > Note, I am running Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 on a Win2K platform.
    >
    > --Thanks
    > V. Stokes

    Was that an IMAP type mail account? Anyway, you might get lucky if you
    did delete the account from TB, it may still be there is your user
    application (TB) profile.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  3. Re: Remove account

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 02-03-2006 20:03 CET, user@domain.invalid composed this enchanting
    > statement:
    >> I had 2 email accounts and one of these had be closed, so it was
    >> removed. How can I access the email folders in this removed account?
    >>
    >> Note, I am running Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 on a Win2K platform.
    >>
    >> --Thanks
    >> V. Stokes

    > Was that an IMAP type mail account?

    Yes, I believe so.
    Anyway, you might get lucky if you
    > did delete the account from TB, it may still be there is your user
    > application (TB) profile.

    How can I find whether this is true, and where might the files be?
    I do still have a working email account which was set up identical.

    --V. sTokes

  4. Re: Remove account

    On 02-03-2006 20:13 CET, V. Stokes composed this enchanting statement:
    > Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >> On 02-03-2006 20:03 CET, user@domain.invalid composed this enchanting
    >> statement:
    >>> I had 2 email accounts and one of these had be closed, so it was
    >>> removed. How can I access the email folders in this removed account?
    >>>
    >>> Note, I am running Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 on a Win2K platform.
    >>>
    >>> --Thanks
    >>> V. Stokes

    >> Was that an IMAP type mail account?

    > Yes, I believe so.

    - that's tricky. See below.
    > Anyway, you might get lucky if you
    >> did delete the account from TB, it may still be there is your user
    >> application (TB) profile.

    > How can I find whether this is true, and where might the files be?
    > I do still have a working email account which was set up identical.

    ..
    I do not understand the identical account mentioned. You mean an exact
    duplicate?

    Anyway, you are on Windows (2000) and I am not, search for an 'imapmail'
    folder, most likely in your user data folders, cq. directories.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  5. Re: Remove account

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 02-03-2006 20:13 CET, V. Stokes composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 02-03-2006 20:03 CET, user@domain.invalid composed this enchanting
    >>> statement:

    >>> Was that an IMAP type mail account?

    >> Yes, I believe so.

    > - that's tricky. See below.
    >> Anyway, you might get lucky if you
    >>> did delete the account from TB, it may still be there is your user
    >>> application (TB) profile.

    >> How can I find whether this is true, and where might the files be?
    >> I do still have a working email account which was set up identical.

    > .
    > I do not understand the identical account mentioned. You mean an exact
    > duplicate?

    No, I mean that their settings were very similar --- the server was
    different of course.

    > Anyway, you are on Windows (2000) and I am not, search for an 'imapmail'
    > folder, most likely in your user data folders, cq. directories.

    Ok, I found a found a folder --- imap.srv.it.uu.se
    which corresponds to my remaining (active) email account. However, I
    found no reference to the other account.

    Can it be recovered from the recycle folder?

    --V

  6. Re: Remove account

    On 02-03-2006 20:45 CET, V. Stokes composed this enchanting statement:
    > Melchert Fruitema wrote:

    >>> Yes, I believe so.

    >> - that's tricky. See below.
    >>> Anyway, you might get lucky if you
    >>> How can I find whether this is true, and where might the files be?
    >>> I do still have a working email account which was set up identical.

    >> .
    >> I do not understand the identical account mentioned. You mean an
    >> exact duplicate?

    > No, I mean that their settings were very similar --- the server was
    > different of course.
    >> Anyway, you are on Windows (2000) and I am not, search for an
    >> 'imapmail' folder, most likely in your user data folders, cq.
    >> directories.

    > Ok, I found a found a folder --- imap.srv.it.uu.se
    > which corresponds to my remaining (active) email account. However, I
    > found no reference to the other account.
    >
    > Can it be recovered from the recycle folder?

    I can't confirm that, sorry. The missing one was an IMAP too? Otherwise,
    have a look in the profile's 'mail' directory.

    You wouldn't have made any backups of your profile, by any chance? If
    not, you may reconsider it.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  7. Re: Remove account

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 02-03-2006 20:45 CET, V. Stokes composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 02-03-2006 20:13 CET, V. Stokes composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> - that's tricky. See below.
    >>> .
    >>> I do not understand the identical account mentioned. You mean an
    >>> exact duplicate?

    >> No, I mean that their settings were very similar --- the server was
    >> different of course.
    >>> Anyway, you are on Windows (2000) and I am not, search for an
    >>> 'imapmail' folder, most likely in your user data folders, cq.
    >>> directories.

    >> Ok, I found a found a folder --- imap.srv.it.uu.se
    >> which corresponds to my remaining (active) email account. However, I
    >> found no reference to the other account.
    >>
    >> Can it be recovered from the recycle folder?

    > I can't confirm that, sorry. The missing one was an IMAP too? Otherwise,
    > have a look in the profile's 'mail' directory.
    >
    > You wouldn't have made any backups of your profile, by any chance? If
    > not, you may reconsider it.

    Ok, I found all the old (removed account) emails they were not deleted.

    --Thanks,