download update - Mozilla

This is a discussion on download update - Mozilla ; I am running Thunderbird 1.0. If I download the newer version will all my information be updated with the download. Will it install over the previous version.....or simply add a new program to the computer?...

  1. download update

    I am running Thunderbird 1.0. If I download the newer version will all my
    information be updated with the download. Will it install over the previous
    version.....or simply add a new program to the computer?

  2. Re: download update

    On 02-03-2006 14:41 CET, merrilee Thomas composed this enchanting
    statement:
    > I am running Thunderbird 1.0. If I download the newer version will all my
    > information be updated with the download. Will it install over the previous
    > version.....or simply add a new program to the computer?

    You should follow the installation instuctions for the new version.
    Refer to

    Basically you should 'uninstall' your current version, keep your
    application user profile and install the new version.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  3. Re: download update

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 02-03-2006 14:41 CET, merrilee Thomas composed this enchanting
    > statement:
    >> I am running Thunderbird 1.0. If I download the newer version will all
    >> my information be updated with the download. Will it install over the
    >> previous version.....or simply add a new program to the computer?
    >>

    > You should follow the installation instuctions for the new version.
    > Refer to
    >
    > Basically you should 'uninstall' your current version, keep your
    > application user profile and install the new version.

    Delete the program folder for the old version before installing the new
    version.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -

  4. Re: download update

    _merrilee Thomas_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 8:41 AM:
    > I am running Thunderbird 1.0. If I download the newer version will all my
    > information be updated with the download. Will it install over the previous
    > version.....or simply add a new program to the computer?

    It will install over top of the previous version; but you might avoid
    some bugs by uninstalling the previous version first. You profile data
    will not be touched.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator