Total disaster! Couldn't get mail, etc. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Total disaster! Couldn't get mail, etc. - Mozilla ; I installed T'bird about a year and a half ago. A few days ago, the Get Mail button ceased to function. I tried to install 1.5, download the setup file and when I tried to run it, got a little ...

  1. Total disaster! Couldn't get mail, etc.

    I installed T'bird about a year and a half ago. A few days ago, the Get
    Mail button ceased to function. I tried to install 1.5, download the setup
    file and when I tried to run it, got a little "unspecified error" box. I've
    made three attempts. I used Eudora before, so when I failed to get T'bird
    working, I went to Outlook Express so I could get new mail. Imported from
    Eudora, but the last year and a half of emails aren't there, including
    valuable contacts.
    1) Did Thunderbird store these emails? If so, where?
    2) Why can't I install 1.5?
    ghprice@telepath.com
    Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    Gary

  2. Re: Total disaster! Couldn't get mail, etc.

    Gary H. Price wrote:
    > I installed T'bird about a year and a half ago. A few days ago, the Get
    > Mail button ceased to function. I tried to install 1.5, download the setup
    > file and when I tried to run it, got a little "unspecified error" box. I've
    > made three attempts. I used Eudora before, so when I failed to get T'bird
    > working, I went to Outlook Express so I could get new mail. Imported from
    > Eudora, but the last year and a half of emails aren't there, including
    > valuable contacts.
    > 1) Did Thunderbird store these emails? If so, where?
    > 2) Why can't I install 1.5?
    > ghprice@telepath.com
    > Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    > Gary

    Re: installing 1.5.

    1. Download 1.5 again
    2. Uninstall whatever TB version you have been running *and* delete the
    program folder.
    3. Install 1.5>

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -