Why would TB not download mails parallelly - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Why would TB not download mails parallelly - Mozilla ; Hamster, XanaNews, Mailwasher, etc. are some software which download mails/ news from different servers/ accounts simultaneously. But If TB is downloading mail from one account and I click to download from other account also, it says "the folder is being ...

  1. Why would TB not download mails parallelly

    Hamster, XanaNews, Mailwasher, etc. are some software which
    download mails/ news from different servers/ accounts
    simultaneously.

    But If TB is downloading mail from one account and I click to
    download from other account also, it says "the folder is being
    processed, wait till this task is done".

    Is there any design difference in TB, that it always downloads
    mails/ news only from one account at a time.

    thanks.
    --

  2. Re: Why would TB not download mails parallelly

    V S Rawat wrote:

    > Hamster, XanaNews, Mailwasher, etc. are some software which
    > download mails/ news from different servers/ accounts
    > simultaneously.
    >
    > But If TB is downloading mail from one account and I click to
    > download from other account also, it says "the folder is being
    > processed, wait till this task is done".
    >
    > Is there any design difference in TB, that it always downloads
    > mails/ news only from one account at a time.
    >
    > thanks.

    mine can download from several accounts at once. You may have a
    glitch in your profile. Delete the file inbox.msf from your accounts
    and try again. Do this while the program is closed.

  3. Re: Why would TB not download mails parallelly

    gwtc wrote:
    > V S Rawat wrote:
    >
    >> Hamster, XanaNews, Mailwasher, etc. are some software which
    >> download mails/ news from different servers/ accounts
    >> simultaneously.
    >>
    >> But If TB is downloading mail from one account and I click to
    >> download from other account also, it says "the folder is being
    >> processed, wait till this task is done".
    >>
    >> Is there any design difference in TB, that it always downloads
    >> mails/ news only from one account at a time.
    >>
    >> thanks.

    > mine can download from several accounts at once. You may have a glitch
    > in your profile. Delete the file inbox.msf from your accounts and try
    > again. Do this while the program is closed.

    A file can only be accessed by one process at a time
    If a file is 'busy' because its being written to by one process, then
    another process cant write to it, until the first one is finished.

    If you download to seperate inboxes, then you most likely wont get this
    error.
    NB: do NOT have folders stacked within the inbox itself, as this can
    complicate matters. (Shouldnt, but has been known to happen)

  4. Re: Why would TB not download mails parallelly

    gwtc wrote:

    > V S Rawat wrote:
    >
    > > Hamster, XanaNews, Mailwasher, etc. are some software which
    > > download mails/ news from different servers/ accounts
    > > simultaneously.
    > >
    > > But If TB is downloading mail from one account and I click to
    > > download from other account also, it says "the folder is
    > > being processed, wait till this task is done".
    > >
    > > Is there any design difference in TB, that it always
    > > downloads mails/ news only from one account at a time.
    > >
    > > thanks.

    > mine can download from several accounts at once. You may have
    > a glitch in your profile. Delete the file inbox.msf from your
    > accounts and try again. Do this while the program is closed.

    Thanks for the tip.

    It worked for one hour. After doing it, I could simultaneously
    download mails from my 5 accounts.

    But, after that duration, it again started giving the same
    prompt "the folder is being processed. please wait for this task
    to get finished."

    seems .msi became too complex yet again.
    --
    Rawat

  5. Re: Why would TB not download mails parallelly

    V S Rawat wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >

    >>V S Rawat wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hamster, XanaNews, Mailwasher, etc. are some software which
    >>>download mails/ news from different servers/ accounts
    >>>simultaneously.
    >>>
    >>>But If TB is downloading mail from one account and I click to
    >>>download from other account also, it says "the folder is
    >>>being processed, wait till this task is done".
    >>>
    >>>Is there any design difference in TB, that it always
    >>>downloads mails/ news only from one account at a time.
    >>>
    >>>thanks.

    >>mine can download from several accounts at once. You may have
    >>a glitch in your profile. Delete the file inbox.msf from your
    >>accounts and try again. Do this while the program is closed.

    > Thanks for the tip.
    >
    > It worked for one hour. After doing it, I could simultaneously
    > download mails from my 5 accounts.
    >
    > But, after that duration, it again started giving the same
    > prompt "the folder is being processed. please wait for this task
    > to get finished."
    >
    > seems .msi became too complex yet again.

    it must be you're downloading a bad message or something for the *.msf
    file to become that corrupt. It shouldn't though. In all the years
    I've used a Mozilla product, I've never had to delete the *.msf files
    from Mail.

+ Reply to Thread