Subscribing all IMAP folders? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Subscribing all IMAP folders? - Mozilla ; After I set up an IMAP account, how do I subscribe to all my folders? I have over 600 of them, and want to subscribe to them so that I can then do a search through all my folders. Thanks. ...

  1. Subscribing all IMAP folders?

    After I set up an IMAP account, how do I subscribe to all my folders? I
    have over 600 of them, and want to subscribe to them so that I can then
    do a search through all my folders. Thanks.

    Mark

  2. Re: Subscribing all IMAP folders?

    I should add that I have lots of subfolders also. So they are not all
    the same level (which would have made it easier, since then I could have
    highlighted them all in the subscribe window and hit the subscribe button.

    Mark London wrote:
    > After I set up an IMAP account, how do I subscribe to all my folders? I
    > have over 600 of them, and want to subscribe to them so that I can then
    > do a search through all my folders. Thanks.
    >
    > Mark

  3. Re: Subscribing all IMAP folders?

    Mark London wrote:
    > After I set up an IMAP account, how do I subscribe to all my folders?
    > I have over 600 of them, and want to subscribe to them so that I can
    > then do a search through all my folders. Thanks.

    Has anybody ever told you that you have waaaayyy to many folders?!?

    Click 600 times. It's a one time shot. Perhaps there's a way to
    manipulate a datafile somewhere though....
    --
    Access denied--nah nah na nah nah!

  4. Re: Subscribing all IMAP folders?

    Mark London wrote:
    > After I set up an IMAP account, how do I subscribe to all my folders? I
    > do a search through all my folders. Thanks.
    >
    > Mark

    How about just unticking the "Show only subscribed folders"

    Tools | Account Settings

    Select your IMAP account, then "Server Settings" and click the
    Advanced button.

    On IMAP servers that I have used there is a file in my home directory
    .mailboxlist that contains a list of subscribed folders. With my
    email client closed I have manually modified this file without any
    problems.

    Ian

  5. Re: Subscribing all IMAP folders?

    hearts1874@gmail.com wrote:
    > Mark London wrote:
    >> After I set up an IMAP account, how do I subscribe to all my folders?
    >> I have over 600 of them, and want to subscribe to them so that I can
    >> then do a search through all my folders. Thanks.
    >>
    >> Mark

    > How about just unticking the "Show only subscribed folders"
    >
    > Tools | Account Settings
    >
    > Select your IMAP account, then "Server Settings" and click the Advanced
    > button.

    That seems to have done it, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread