Two missing news-features - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Two missing news-features - Mozilla ; Hy; I'm not sure if there's not an existing feature-suggest page, but anyway maybe there is an extension doing it. I'm missing two things badly while reading news: - a cross-posted message is not automatically marked read in _all_ of ...

  1. Two missing news-features

    Hy;

    I'm not sure if there's not an existing feature-suggest
    page, but anyway maybe there is an extension doing it.

    I'm missing two things badly while reading news:

    - a cross-posted message is not automatically marked
    read in _all_ of the cross-posted groups
    - I would like to collapse sub-trees of message-trees

    Thanks for suggestions
    Niels

  2. Re: Two missing news-features

    On 3/1/2006 8:07 AM Niels Fröhling scribbled:

    > Hy;
    >
    > I'm not sure if there's not an existing feature-suggest
    > page, but anyway maybe there is an extension doing it.
    >
    > I'm missing two things badly while reading news:
    >
    > - a cross-posted message is not automatically marked
    > read in _all_ of the cross-posted groups

    someone else may help with this, I can't help here...

    > - I would like to collapse sub-trees of message-trees

    + sign expands, - sign collapses when within the subject window.
    Also through menu view>threads>expand/collapse...

    > Thanks for suggestions
    > Niels

  3. Re: Two missing news-features

    >> - I would like to collapse sub-trees of message-trees
    > + sign expands, - sign collapses when within the subject window.
    > Also through menu view>threads>expand/collapse...

    It was about _sub_-trees. I want +/- on all news with replys.

    Ciao
    Niels

  4. Re: Two missing news-features

    On 02-03-2006 17:48 CET, Niels Fröhling composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> I would like to collapse sub-trees of message-trees

    you cannot do that in TB, it's either all messages within a tree, or none.
    >> + sign expands, - sign collapses when within the subject window.
    >> Also through menu view>threads>expand/collapse...
    >>

    > It was about _sub_-trees. I want +/- on all news with replys.
    >
    > Ciao
    > Niels

    If you are talking about a collapse/expand within the list pane: use
    view menu threads options.
    However, if you mean quotes within a threaded message: install extension
    'QuoteCollapse'.

    P.S. Are you related to the Froehling families in the province of
    Groningen, the Netherlands?

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  5. Re: Two missing news-features

    On 3/2/2006 8:48 AM Niels Fröhling scribbled:

    >>> - I would like to collapse sub-trees of message-trees

    >> + sign expands, - sign collapses when within the subject window.
    >> Also through menu view>threads>expand/collapse...

    > It was about _sub_-trees. I want +/- on all news with replys.
    >
    > Ciao
    > Niels

    Oh. Nevermind then.
    ciao