How do I view watched messages? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How do I view watched messages? - Mozilla ; How do I create a view for watched messages in Thunderbird 1.5? I can't even figure out how to create a rule for that. There is no "status" for watched messages when you go to create a new view. There ...

  1. How do I view watched messages?

    How do I create a view for watched messages in Thunderbird 1.5? I can't
    even figure out how to create a rule for that. There is no "status" for
    watched messages when you go to create a new view. There is no option in
    the View -- Sort By menu for watched messages (or ignored ones). Is
    there an extension that can help? I tried the nntpthreads extension, but
    it shows only watched messages that are *unread*. I want to be able to
    view *all* watched messages, whether read or unread.

  2. Re: How do I view watched messages?

    Utopian wrote:

    > How do I create a view for watched messages in Thunderbird 1.5? I can't
    > even figure out how to create a rule for that. There is no "status" for
    > watched messages when you go to create a new view. There is no option in
    > the View -- Sort By menu for watched messages (or ignored ones). Is
    > there an extension that can help? I tried the nntpthreads extension, but
    > it shows only watched messages that are *unread*. I want to be able to
    > view *all* watched messages, whether read or unread.

    there are many options that you can do.

    All these methods requires you doing something to the first message in
    the thread

    First, hit the letter "W". This will mark the thread.

    2nd, you can label them. Hit the numbers zero to five, and the
    message will turn a certain colour. You can also access them from the
    menu Message, Label

    3rd, To the far right of the message pane, above the scroll bar, you
    will see something like a bent arrow. Click on that and you will get
    more columns to add. If you select Label, and you labeled the thread,
    then a label message will appear in that column

    4th, select the Flag column. If you click on the little dot in that
    column, for the thread you want, you will now get a tiny little flag.

    There you have it. Four ways to watch a thread.

  3. Re: How do I view watched messages?

    Utopian wrote:
    > How do I create a view for watched messages in Thunderbird 1.5? I can't
    > even figure out how to create a rule for that. There is no "status" for
    > watched messages when you go to create a new view. There is no option in
    > the View -- Sort By menu for watched messages (or ignored ones). Is
    > there an extension that can help? I tried the nntpthreads extension, but
    > it shows only watched messages that are *unread*. I want to be able to
    > view *all* watched messages, whether read or unread.

    Sadly, it's one of the more irritating things about TB - you can't.

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email

  4. Re: How do I view watched messages?

    gwtc wrote:
    > Utopian wrote:
    >
    >> How do I create a view for watched messages in Thunderbird 1.5? I can't
    >> even figure out how to create a rule for that. There is no "status" for
    >> watched messages when you go to create a new view. There is no option in
    >> the View -- Sort By menu for watched messages (or ignored ones). Is
    >> there an extension that can help? I tried the nntpthreads extension, but
    >> it shows only watched messages that are *unread*. I want to be able to
    >> view *all* watched messages, whether read or unread.

    > there are many options that you can do.
    >
    > All these methods requires you doing something to the first message in
    > the thread
    >
    > First, hit the letter "W". This will mark the thread.
    >
    > 2nd, you can label them. Hit the numbers zero to five, and the
    > message will turn a certain colour. You can also access them from the
    > menu Message, Label
    >
    > 3rd, To the far right of the message pane, above the scroll bar, you
    > will see something like a bent arrow. Click on that and you will get
    > more columns to add. If you select Label, and you labeled the thread,
    > then a label message will appear in that column
    >
    > 4th, select the Flag column. If you click on the little dot in that
    > column, for the thread you want, you will now get a tiny little flag.
    >
    > There you have it. Four ways to watch a thread.

    None of which work in the manner that the OP (and many of the rest of
    us) want them to.

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email

  5. Re: How do I view watched messages?

    Bob Henson sent a subspace message on 3/1/2006 8:41 AM:

    > Utopian wrote:
    >> How do I create a view for watched messages in Thunderbird 1.5? I can't
    >> even figure out how to create a rule for that. There is no "status" for
    >> watched messages when you go to create a new view. There is no option in
    >> the View -- Sort By menu for watched messages (or ignored ones). Is
    >> there an extension that can help? I tried the nntpthreads extension, but
    >> it shows only watched messages that are *unread*. I want to be able to
    >> view *all* watched messages, whether read or unread.

    > Sadly, it's one of the more irritating things about TB - you can't.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Bob

    No extensions can help?

  6. Re: How do I view watched messages?

    Utopian wrote

    >>> How do I create a view for watched messages in Thunderbird 1.5? I can't
    >>> even figure out how to create a rule for that. There is no "status" for
    >>> watched messages when you go to create a new view. There is no option in
    >>> the View -- Sort By menu for watched messages (or ignored ones). Is
    >>> there an extension that can help? I tried the nntpthreads extension, but
    >>> it shows only watched messages that are *unread*. I want to be able to
    >>> view *all* watched messages, whether read or unread.

    >> Sadly, it's one of the more irritating things about TB - you can't.

    > No extensions can help?

    Not that I know of - or I'd have it installed. I'd dearly love to be able to
    genuine "watched" setting such as we are seeking. The "watched" function in
    Thunderbird does nothing at all except flag the message - in other words
    it's a waste of space.

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email.

  7. Re: How do I view watched messages?

    Utopian wrote:
    > How do I create a view for watched messages in Thunderbird 1.5? I can't
    > even figure out how to create a rule for that. There is no "status" for
    > watched messages when you go to create a new view. There is no option in
    > the View -- Sort By menu for watched messages (or ignored ones). Is
    > there an extension that can help? I tried the nntpthreads extension, but
    > it shows only watched messages that are *unread*. I want to be able to
    > view *all* watched messages, whether read or unread.

    Have you tried View>>Sort by>>Flag?

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -