Asking for password when sending mail!! Help!! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Asking for password when sending mail!! Help!! - Mozilla ; Hi all, Everytime i try sending or forwarding any mails, TB will prompt me for my password when i have already save my user name and password. I have to restart TB before it can work normally and send my ...

  1. Asking for password when sending mail!! Help!!

    Hi all,
    Everytime i try sending or forwarding any mails, TB will prompt me for
    my password when i have already save my user name and password. I have
    to restart TB before it can work normally and send my mail without any
    problem. PLS HELP!

    Tks

  2. Re: Asking for password when sending mail!! Help!!

    jason wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Everytime i try sending or forwarding any mails, TB will prompt me
    > for my password when i have already save my user name and password. I
    > have to restart TB before it can work normally and send my mail
    > without any problem. PLS HELP!

    Are you able to send any mail messages? If not, your user
    name(/identifier) or password, may be invalid or revoked.

    Go to tools menu, select options, select privacy, select passwords:
    click on 'saved passwords'.
    Delete the entry. Compose and send a test e-mail to yourself. Note any
    error messages!

  3. Re: Asking for password when sending mail!! Help!!

    jason wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > Everytime i try sending or forwarding any mails, TB will prompt me for
    > my password when i have already save my user name and password. I have
    > to restart TB before it can work normally and send my mail without any
    > problem. PLS HELP!
    >
    > Tks

    Check your settings under Tools, Account Settings, on the left side
    look for Outgoing Server (SMTP), select the SMTP account, and click on
    Edit. Make sure that "Use name and password" is checked.

  4. Re: Asking for password when sending mail!! Help!!

    gwtc wrote:
    > jason wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> Everytime i try sending or forwarding any mails, TB will prompt me
    >> for my password when i have already save my user name and password. I
    >> have to restart TB before it can work normally and send my mail
    >> without any problem. PLS HELP!
    >>
    >> Tks

    > Check your settings under Tools, Account Settings, on the left side look
    > for Outgoing Server (SMTP), select the SMTP account, and click on Edit.
    > Make sure that "Use name and password" is checked.

    i have followed what you suggested but it still prompt me for the
    password. And it's now worse. Even though i keyed in the correct
    password, it did nothing but keep prompting me to enter my password.

  5. Re: Asking for password when sending mail!! Help!!

    jason wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> jason wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> Everytime i try sending or forwarding any mails, TB will prompt
    >>> me for my password when i have already save my user name and
    >>> password. I have to restart TB before it can work normally and send
    >>> my mail without any problem. PLS HELP!
    >>>
    >>> Tks

    >> Check your settings under Tools, Account Settings, on the left side
    >> look for Outgoing Server (SMTP), select the SMTP account, and click on
    >> Edit. Make sure that "Use name and password" is checked.

    > i have followed what you suggested but it still prompt me for the
    > password. And it's now worse. Even though i keyed in the correct
    > password, it did nothing but keep prompting me to enter my password.

    I've had this lots of times. With two or three exceptions, it has
    *always* turned out to be a provider/server problem, and the two
    exceptions were my very own mistakes (settings, mistyping/caps lock on
    etc.).

    I'm currently in the process of dumping one such provider.

    BR,
    Gudmund

  6. Re: Asking for password when sending mail!! Help!!

    gwtc wrote:
    > jason wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> Everytime i try sending or forwarding any mails, TB will prompt me
    >> for my password when i have already save my user name and password. I
    >> have to restart TB before it can work normally and send my mail
    >> without any problem. PLS HELP!
    >>
    >> Tks

    > Check your settings under Tools, Account Settings, on the left side look
    > for Outgoing Server (SMTP), select the SMTP account, and click on Edit.
    > Make sure that "Use name and password" is checked.

    also try/verify if your server requires username or username@domain for
    smtp authentication.

  7. Re: Asking for password when sending mail!! Help!!

    Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    > jason wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> Check your settings under Tools, Account Settings, on the left side
    >>> look for Outgoing Server (SMTP), select the SMTP account, and click on
    >>> Edit. Make sure that "Use name and password" is checked.

    >> i have followed what you suggested but it still prompt me for the
    >> password. And it's now worse. Even though i keyed in the correct
    >> password, it did nothing but keep prompting me to enter my password.

    > I've had this lots of times. With two or three exceptions, it has
    > *always* turned out to be a provider/server problem, and the two
    > exceptions were my very own mistakes (settings, mistyping/caps lock on
    > etc.).
    >
    > I'm currently in the process of dumping one such provider.
    >
    > BR,
    > Gudmund

    Interestingly, I tried changing my gmail password, via web, and could
    then not access any mail there via pop. I didn't get prompted for a
    password, only got messages to the effect that username and password
    were not accepted, and that my connection attempts were rejected.

    So, I went into my TB account settings to change the passwords
    correspondingly, only to discover that I couldn't discover any place
    where to change it... Will ask about it in a new thread.

    BR,
    Gudmund

+ Reply to Thread