Forward/reply indentation - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Forward/reply indentation - Mozilla ; Is there an option in thunderbird's "reply" or "forward" so there would no indentation or addition of any character to denote the message was forwarded or is a reply. I know IE has the option. I know in thunderbird I ...

  1. Forward/reply indentation

    Is there an option in thunderbird's "reply" or "forward" so there would no indentation or
    addition of any character to denote the message was forwarded or is a reply. I know IE has the
    option. I know in thunderbird I can attach the data and use the format option to remove the
    indentation. I am just trying to remove this step.

    Thanks

    Jim

  2. Re: Forward/reply indentation

    Jim wrote:
    > Is there an option in thunderbird's "reply" or "forward" so there would no indentation or
    > addition of any character to denote the message was forwarded or is a reply. I know IE has the
    > option. I know in thunderbird I can attach the data and use the format option to remove the
    > indentation. I am just trying to remove this step.

    You may right click on a message and select "Edit as new". Hope this
    helps...

  3. Re: Forward/reply indentation

    Jim wrote:
    > Is there an option in thunderbird's "reply" or "forward" so there
    > would no indentation or addition of any character to denote the
    > message was forwarded or is a reply. I know IE has the option. I
    > know in thunderbird I can attach the data and use the format option to
    > remove the indentation. I am just trying to remove this step.

    I do not use IE. Please clarify; a snapshot of an example may be
    sufficient for that purpose.
    As you cannot send any attachments in this NG, please post it in NG
    'mozilla.test.multimedia' or provide a URL.

  4. Re: Forward/reply indentation

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > Jim wrote:
    >> Is there an option in thunderbird's "reply" or "forward" so there
    >> would no indentation or addition of any character to denote the
    >> message was forwarded or is a reply. I know IE has the option. I
    >> know in thunderbird I can attach the data and use the format option to
    >> remove the indentation. I am just trying to remove this step.
    >>

    > I do not use IE. Please clarify; a snapshot of an example may be
    > sufficient for that purpose.
    > As you cannot send any attachments in this NG, please post it in NG
    > 'mozilla.test.multimedia' or provide a URL.

    Someone already answered my question. All I have to do is use the "Edit As New" option in
    ThunderBird.

  5. Re: Forward/reply indentation

    Jim wrote:
    > Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >> Jim wrote:
    >>> Is there an option in thunderbird's "reply" or "forward" so there
    >>> would no indentation or addition of any character to denote the
    >>> message was forwarded or is a reply. I know IE has the option. I
    >>> know in thunderbird I can attach the data and use the format option
    >>> to remove the indentation. I am just trying to remove this step.
    >>>

    >> I do not use IE. Please clarify; a snapshot of an example may be
    >> sufficient for that purpose.
    >> As you cannot send any attachments in this NG, please post it in NG
    >> 'mozilla.test.multimedia' or provide a URL.

    > Someone already answered my question. All I have to do is use the "Edit
    > As New" option in ThunderBird.

    I did make mistake when I said IE instead of OE.

  6. Re: Forward/reply indentation

    Jim wrote:

    > Someone already answered my question. All I have to do is use the
    > "Edit As New" option in ThunderBird.

    Splendid.

  7. Re: Forward/reply indentation

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:

    > Jim wrote:
    >
    >>Is there an option in thunderbird's "reply" or "forward" so there
    >>would no indentation or addition of any character to denote the
    >>message was forwarded or is a reply. I know IE has the option. I
    >>know in thunderbird I can attach the data and use the format option to
    >>remove the indentation. I am just trying to remove this step.
    >>

    > I do not use IE. Please clarify; a snapshot of an example may be
    > sufficient for that purpose.
    > As you cannot send any attachments in this NG, please post it in NG
    > 'mozilla.test.multimedia' or provide a URL.

    actually, a better place would be at http://imageshack.us. This way
    everyone can have access to it. The multimedia site is moderated and
    you need approval first.

  8. Re: Forward/reply indentation

    _Melchert Fruitema_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 9:31 AM:
    > As you cannot send any attachments in this NG, please post it in NG
    > 'mozilla.test.multimedia' or provide a URL.

    mozilla.test.multimedia is for multi-media testing, not posting
    screenshots for threads in other groups.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  9. Re: Forward/reply indentation

    On 01-03-2006 21:44 CET, Chris Ilias composed this enchanting statement:
    > _Melchert Fruitema_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 9:31 AM:
    >
    >> As you cannot send any attachments in this NG, please post it in NG
    >> 'mozilla.test.multimedia' or provide a URL.
    >>

    > mozilla.test.multimedia is for multi-media testing, not posting
    > screenshots for threads in other groups.

    Allright. I'll advise to switch secnews.netscape.com if necessary.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  10. Re: Forward/reply indentation

    Jim wrote:
    > I know IE has the option.

    I never new that IE did email..
    --
    Shell to DOS... Come in DOS, do you copy? Shell to DOS...

  11. Re: Forward/reply indentation

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > As you cannot send any attachments in this NG, please post it in NG
    > 'mozilla.test.multimedia' or provide a URL.

    Really?

    --
    Ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you, but when
    you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window?

    this is an attachment

+ Reply to Thread