TB Problem clikcing on newsgroup or email account folder - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB Problem clikcing on newsgroup or email account folder - Mozilla ; Has anyone else seen this? If I want to open a particular newsgroup or email folder I have to select the folder/group (which would normally work first time) which does nothing, select some other folder/group, then reselect the original folder/group ...

  1. TB Problem clikcing on newsgroup or email account folder

    Has anyone else seen this? If I want to open a particular newsgroup or email folder I have to select
    the folder/group (which would normally work first time) which does nothing, select some other
    folder/group, then reselect the original folder/group that I wanted to view before Thunderbird
    actually switches over to the folder/group (kind of like Thunderbird doesn't know where to put the
    mouse/window focus?).
    I have been using TB1.5 for a while now and this just recently started to happen. No settings were
    changed, no accounts added or deleted.

    Help! This is very annoying.

  2. Re: TB Problem clikcing on newsgroup or email account folder

    _Michael_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 4:49 AM:
    > Has anyone else seen this? If I want to open a particular newsgroup or
    > email folder I have to select the folder/group (which would normally
    > work first time) which does nothing, select some other folder/group,
    > then reselect the original folder/group that I wanted to view before
    > Thunderbird actually switches over to the folder/group (kind of like
    > Thunderbird doesn't know where to put the mouse/window focus?).
    > I have been using TB1.5 for a while now and this just recently started
    > to happen. No settings were changed, no accounts added or deleted.
    >
    > Help! This is very annoying.

    No problems here. Do you have any extensions installed, like for
    instance, 'No New Window on Double Click'?
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: TB Problem clikcing on newsgroup or email account folder

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Michael_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 4:49 AM:
    >> Has anyone else seen this? If I want to open a particular newsgroup or
    >> email folder I have to select the folder/group (which would normally
    >> work first time) which does nothing, select some other folder/group,
    >> then reselect the original folder/group that I wanted to view before
    >> Thunderbird actually switches over to the folder/group (kind of like
    >> Thunderbird doesn't know where to put the mouse/window focus?).
    >> I have been using TB1.5 for a while now and this just recently started
    >> to happen. No settings were changed, no accounts added or deleted.
    >>
    >> Help! This is very annoying.

    > No problems here. Do you have any extensions installed, like for
    > instance, 'No New Window on Double Click'?

    No extensions have been installed. I thought some other program may have been interfering, but that
    program is gone with no change in my issue. Also, it may have something to do with my profile, I am
    also using Portable Thunderbird, copying my main profile over to the portable copy. Both copies of
    Thunderbird are doing the same thing.

  4. Re: TB Problem clikcing on newsgroup or email account folder

    _Michael_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 3:38 AM:
    > No extensions have been installed. I thought some other program may have
    > been interfering, but that program is gone with no change in my issue.
    > Also, it may have something to do with my profile, I am also using
    > Portable Thunderbird, copying my main profile over to the portable copy.
    > Both copies of Thunderbird are doing the same thing.

    One way to find out: try a test profile.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  5. Re: TB Problem clicking on newsgroup or email account folder

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Michael_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 3:38 AM:
    >> No extensions have been installed. I thought some other program may have
    >> been interfering, but that program is gone with no change in my issue.
    >> Also, it may have something to do with my profile, I am also using
    >> Portable Thunderbird, copying my main profile over to the portable copy.
    >> Both copies of Thunderbird are doing the same thing.

    > One way to find out: try a test profile.

    That seems to have done it. Simple enough fix, just have to transfer my
    settings over to the new profile.

    Can a profile get bloated with normal use? So much that it causes quarks
    to show up?

  6. Re: TB Problem clicking on newsgroup or email account folder

    _Michael_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 4:04 AM:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> One way to find out: try a test profile.

    > That seems to have done it. Simple enough fix, just have to transfer my
    > settings over to the new profile.
    >
    > Can a profile get bloated with normal use? So much that it causes quarks
    > to show up?

    I can get bloated if you don't compact your folders.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  7. Re: TB Problem clicking on newsgroup or email account folder

    It has worked. I did have my other profile to compact folders
    periodically, perhaps I just need to set the size limit to something a
    little smaller.

    Thank you for the help.

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Michael_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 4:04 AM:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>
    >>> One way to find out: try a test profile.

    >> That seems to have done it. Simple enough fix, just have to transfer my
    >> settings over to the new profile.
    >>
    >> Can a profile get bloated with normal use? So much that it causes quarks
    >> to show up?

    > I can get bloated if you don't compact your folders.

  8. Re: TB Problem clicking on newsgroup or email account folder

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _Michael_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 4:04 AM:

    [SNIP]
    >>Can a profile get bloated with normal use? So much that it causes quarks
    >>to show up?

    > I can get bloated if you don't compact your folders.

    Chris, what does his not compacting folders have to do with you
    getting bloated? :-P

  9. Re: TB Problem clicking on newsgroup or email account folder

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Michael_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 4:04 AM:
    >
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>

    >>> One way to find out: try a test profile.
    >>>

    >> That seems to have done it. Simple enough fix, just have to transfer my
    >> settings over to the new profile.
    >>
    >> Can a profile get bloated with normal use? So much that it causes quarks
    >> to show up?
    >>

    > I can get bloated if you don't compact your folders.

    Is that called the "indirect effect" 8-)

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles - http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingree...0Profiles.html