Delete message permanently deletes instead of moving to the trash - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Delete message permanently deletes instead of moving to the trash - Mozilla ; Hi, I have a problem with TB 1.5. when I delete an e-mail it is permanently deleted, and not moved to the trash. This happens when I click on the del key, use the menu bar or even move the ...

  1. Delete message permanently deletes instead of moving to the trash

    Hi,

    I have a problem with TB 1.5. when I delete an e-mail it is permanently
    deleted, and not moved to the trash. This happens when I click on the
    del key, use the menu bar or even move the e-mail to trash.

    Does someone know how to solve this?

    David

  2. Re: Delete message permanently deletes instead of moving to the trash

    On 2/26/2006 4:17 AM On a whim, David pounded out on the keyboard

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with TB 1.5. when I delete an e-mail it is permanently
    > deleted, and not moved to the trash. This happens when I click on the
    > del key, use the menu bar or even move the e-mail to trash.
    >
    > Does someone know how to solve this?
    >
    > David

    Hi David,

    If you don't have anything in your Trash that you want saved, I would
    locate your profile and delete the files Trash and Trash.msf. This will
    completely wipe out the Trash folder and recreate so be sure of this.
    Otherwise you could try just deleting Trash.msf first. MAKE SURE TB is
    closed before doing this procedure.

    Report back.

    --
    Terry

  3. Re: Delete message permanently deletes instead of moving to the trash

    Thanks, it seems to be working :-)

    Terry wrote:
    > On 2/26/2006 4:17 AM On a whim, David pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a problem with TB 1.5. when I delete an e-mail it is
    >> permanently deleted, and not moved to the trash. This happens when I
    >> click on the del key, use the menu bar or even move the e-mail to trash.
    >>
    >> Does someone know how to solve this?
    >>
    >> David

    > Hi David,
    >
    > If you don't have anything in your Trash that you want saved, I would
    > locate your profile and delete the files Trash and Trash.msf. This will
    > completely wipe out the Trash folder and recreate so be sure of this.
    > Otherwise you could try just deleting Trash.msf first. MAKE SURE TB is
    > closed before doing this procedure.
    >
    > Report back.

  4. Re: Delete message permanently deletes instead of moving to the trash

    David wrote:

    > Thanks, it seems to be working :-)
    >
    > Terry wrote:
    > > On 2/26/2006 4:17 AM On a whim, David pounded out on the
    > > keyboard
    > >
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I have a problem with TB 1.5. when I delete an e-mail it
    > > > is permanently deleted, and not moved to the trash. This
    > > > happens when I click on the del key, use the menu bar or
    > > > even move the e-mail to trash.
    > > >
    > > > Does someone know how to solve this?
    > > >
    > > > David

    > > Hi David,
    > >
    > > If you don't have anything in your Trash that you want
    > > saved, I would locate your profile and delete the files
    > > Trash and Trash.msf. This will completely wipe out the
    > > Trash folder and recreate so be sure of this. Otherwise you
    > > could try just deleting Trash.msf first. MAKE SURE TB is
    > > closed before doing this procedure.
    > >
    > > Report back.

    Though OP's problem has been solved, just one more thought.

    I was exploring tools-extensions. When I clicked on Options (in
    extensions window), there is a radio option "Delete Junk!
    Junk folder, Always."

    Can it be connected to OP's other mails getting deleted
    permanently without reaching trash?

    btw, I have not installed any extension called "delete Junk!".
    Why is this dialogue appearing, then?

    thanks?
    --

  5. Re: Delete message permanently deletes instead of moving to the trash

    On 2/26/2006 9:47 PM On a whim, V S Rawat pounded out on the keyboard

    > David wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks, it seems to be working :-)
    >>
    >> Terry wrote:
    >>> On 2/26/2006 4:17 AM On a whim, David pounded out on the
    >>> keyboard

    >>> Hi David,
    >>>
    >>> If you don't have anything in your Trash that you want
    >>> saved, I would locate your profile and delete the files
    >>> Trash and Trash.msf. This will completely wipe out the
    >>> Trash folder and recreate so be sure of this. Otherwise you
    >>> could try just deleting Trash.msf first. MAKE SURE TB is
    >>> closed before doing this procedure.
    >>>
    >>> Report back.
    >>>

    > Though OP's problem has been solved, just one more thought.
    >
    > I was exploring tools-extensions. When I clicked on Options (in
    > extensions window), there is a radio option "Delete Junk!
    > Junk folder, Always."
    >
    > Can it be connected to OP's other mails getting deleted
    > permanently without reaching trash?
    >
    > btw, I have not installed any extension called "delete Junk!".
    > Why is this dialogue appearing, then?
    >
    > thanks?

    That isn't normal AFAIK. Options only works in conjunction with
    installed extensions. You click on an extension and click Options, you
    then have the options of THAT extension.

    --
    Terry

  6. Re: Delete message permanently deletes instead of moving to the trash

    V S Rawat wrote:
    > David wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks, it seems to be working :-)
    >>
    >> Terry wrote:
    >>> On 2/26/2006 4:17 AM On a whim, David pounded out on the
    >>> keyboard

    >>> Hi David,
    >>>
    >>> If you don't have anything in your Trash that you want
    >>> saved, I would locate your profile and delete the files
    >>> Trash and Trash.msf. This will completely wipe out the
    >>> Trash folder and recreate so be sure of this. Otherwise you
    >>> could try just deleting Trash.msf first. MAKE SURE TB is
    >>> closed before doing this procedure.
    >>>
    >>> Report back.
    >>>

    > Though OP's problem has been solved, just one more thought.
    >
    > I was exploring tools-extensions. When I clicked on Options (in
    > extensions window), there is a radio option "Delete Junk!
    > Junk folder, Always."
    >
    > Can it be connected to OP's other mails getting deleted
    > permanently without reaching trash?
    >
    > btw, I have not installed any extension called "delete Junk!".
    > Why is this dialogue appearing, then?
    >
    > thanks?

    That dialog shows when you are focused on the Buttons! extension and
    click on options. One of the buttons is "delete junk". It is not
    related to the OP's problem

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -