common folders - Mozilla

This is a discussion on common folders - Mozilla ; Before I change I have a question which I hope can be addressed. I have 5 different email accounts I would like each account to have a distinct set of folders that reside on PC 1. However I would like ...

  1. common folders

    Before I change I have a question which I hope can be addressed.

    I have 5 different email accounts

    I would like each account to have a distinct set of folders that reside on
    PC 1.

    However I would like to have access to those folders on PC 1 even it I was
    sitting using PC2 or PC 3.

    Is this possible?

    thanks in advance

    Blair Howard

  2. Re: common folders

    On 2/12/2006 8:01 PM RPM ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    > Before I change I have a question which I hope can be addressed.
    >
    > I have 5 different email accounts
    >
    > I would like each account to have a distinct set of folders that reside on
    > PC 1.
    >
    > However I would like to have access to those folders on PC 1 even it I was
    > sitting using PC2 or PC 3.
    >
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Blair Howard

    Hi, Blair
    Within each account on PC2 and PC3 select Tools>Account
    Settings>Server Settings>Local Directory and browse to the appropriate
    folder on your network.

    --
    Jim

    "We have really everything in common with America nowadays except, of
    course, language."
    -Oscar Wilde

  3. Re: common folders

    MushMorton wrote:
    > On 2/12/2006 8:01 PM RPM ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    >
    >>Before I change I have a question which I hope can be addressed.
    >>
    >>I have 5 different email accounts
    >>
    >>I would like each account to have a distinct set of folders that reside on
    >>PC 1.
    >>
    >>However I would like to have access to those folders on PC 1 even it I was
    >>sitting using PC2 or PC 3.
    >>
    >>Is this possible?
    >>
    >>thanks in advance
    >>
    >>Blair Howard
    >>

    > Hi, Blair
    > Within each account on PC2 and PC3 select Tools>Account
    > Settings>Server Settings>Local Directory and browse to the appropriate
    > folder on your network.

    This is interesting. I have just installed a RAID 1 (mirror redundancy)
    on my Win XP machine as the "F" disk. I want to move the mail and
    newsgroup stuff to that disk for better protection. What all (folders
    files) must I copy to the new disk (for each user login - there are 3 of
    them with their own mail/news setups) before I flip the pointers as you
    indicated above? Thanks for any further information that you can provide.

    -- Jeff Barnett

+ Reply to Thread