Seeting TB as default NG reader - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Seeting TB as default NG reader - Mozilla ; Clean install on a new XP Pro system I set TB as default e-mail reader in windows' "Set program access and defaults", FF is my default browser, I also turned off the check mark that allows access to Outlook Express. ...

  1. Seeting TB as default NG reader

    Clean install on a new XP Pro system

    I set TB as default e-mail reader in windows' "Set program access and
    defaults", FF is my default browser, I also turned off the check mark
    that allows access to Outlook Express. There is no setting for NG reader.

    When I click on a link to a newsgroup, e.g. this one, the link is on the
    TB support page, it opens in Outlook express. I even checked the link,
    its generic.

    Why OE? I know this is just an annoyance but how do I set it to TB?

    Thanks

    Marko

  2. Re: Seeting TB as default NG reader

    Marko Jotic wrote:
    > Clean install on a new XP Pro system
    >
    > I set TB as default e-mail reader in windows' "Set program access and
    > defaults", FF is my default browser, I also turned off the check mark
    > that allows access to Outlook Express. There is no setting for NG reader.
    >
    > When I click on a link to a newsgroup, e.g. this one, the link is on the
    > TB support page, it opens in Outlook express. I even checked the link,
    > its generic.
    >
    > Why OE? I know this is just an annoyance but how do I set it to TB?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Marko

    Tools > Options > General tab and you should see the boxes to check for
    mail and newsreader. Make sure they are checked.

    CNS

  3. Re: Seeting TB as default NG reader

    Thanks, I assumed it was in Windows I had to do it.
    (no excuse, I know)

    Marko

    Chuzu McCant wrote:
    > Marko Jotic wrote:
    >> Clean install on a new XP Pro system
    >>
    >> I set TB as default e-mail reader in windows' "Set program access and
    >> defaults", FF is my default browser, I also turned off the check mark
    >> that allows access to Outlook Express. There is no setting for NG reader.
    >>
    >> When I click on a link to a newsgroup, e.g. this one, the link is on
    >> the TB support page, it opens in Outlook express. I even checked the
    >> link, its generic.
    >>
    >> Why OE? I know this is just an annoyance but how do I set it to TB?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Marko

    > Tools > Options > General tab and you should see the boxes to check for
    > mail and newsreader. Make sure they are checked.
    >
    > CNS

+ Reply to Thread