I: TLS for SMTP - Mozilla

This is a discussion on I: TLS for SMTP - Mozilla ; Hello, I tried to use TLS on IMAP, POP3 and SMTP. I only succeed on IMAP. On smtp it says that STARTTLS is not available and on pop3 it waits forever. In nsSmtpProtocol.cpp for TLS the code is do { ...

  1. I: TLS for SMTP

    Hello,

    I tried to use TLS on IMAP, POP3 and SMTP.
    I only succeed on IMAP.

    On smtp it says that STARTTLS is not available
    and on pop3 it waits forever.

    In nsSmtpProtocol.cpp for TLS the code is

    do
    {
    endPos = m_responseText.FindChar('\n', startPos + 1);
    nsCAutoString responseLine;
    responseLine.Assign(Substring(m_responseText, startPos,
    (endPos >= 0 ? endPos : responseLength) - startPos));
    responseLine.CompressWhitespace();

    if (responseLine.Compare("STARTTLS", PR_TRUE) == 0)
    {
    SetFlag(SMTP_EHLO_STARTTLS_ENABLED);
    }

    Are you sure it is correct ?
    or the response line would be assigned to
    responseLine.Assign(Substring(m_responseText, startPos + 4,

    ===
    to go thru the response code 250.

    In nsPop3Protocol.cpp for TLS the code is
    // see RFC 2595, chapter 4
    if (!PL_strcasecmp(line, "STLS"))
    {
    nsresult rv;
    nsCOMPtr verifier =
    do_GetService(SIGNATURE_VERIFIER_CONTRACTID, &rv);
    // this checks if psm is installed...
    if (NS_SUCCEEDED(rv))
    {
    SetCapFlag(POP3_HAS_STLS);
    m_pop3Server->SetPop3CapabilityFlags(m_pop3ConData->capability_flags);
    }

    Is is correct ?

    Macallan

  2. Re: TLS for SMTP

    I have found the problem : NORTON filter the STARTTLS command.

+ Reply to Thread