TB 1.5 - Problem having server delete messages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB 1.5 - Problem having server delete messages - Mozilla ; I Have Thunderbird setup to delete messages off of the server for my yahoo Plus Account when Messages are deleted,I Have the box checked to empty trash on exit but it doesn't seem to be deleting my messages off of ...

  1. TB 1.5 - Problem having server delete messages

    I Have Thunderbird setup to delete messages off of the server for my
    yahoo Plus Account when Messages are deleted,I Have the box checked to
    empty trash on exit but it doesn't seem to be deleting my messages off
    of the server, have exited the program and started it again but still no
    change, TB Isn't deleting my messages off of the server when I Delete
    within thunderbird

    OE6 Has no problems, I Have everything checked to do this

    Please explain what is wrong so I Can use TB As My default EMail program

  2. Re: TB 1.5 - Problem having server delete messages

    Brett Moar wrote:
    > I Have Thunderbird setup to delete messages off of the server for my
    > yahoo Plus Account when Messages are deleted,I Have the box checked to
    > empty trash on exit but it doesn't seem to be deleting my messages off
    > of the server, have exited the program and started it again but still no
    > change, TB Isn't deleting my messages off of the server when I Delete
    > within thunderbird
    >
    > OE6 Has no problems, I Have everything checked to do this
    >
    > Please explain what is wrong so I Can use TB As My default EMail program

    Have you polled the server again after deleting the messages?

    In order, download the messages, delete those you don't want, then get
    messages again, so TB can see the copies on the server.

    What kind of proxy server are you using to connect to Yahoo Mail? Or are
    you using the Plus account for a direct connection?

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/