Password on second account - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Password on second account - Mozilla ; Hi! I created a second account in Thunderbird and all the settings are good (checked many times) but the password does not seem to be working. Here's the error message: Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pophm.sympatico.ca responded: ...

  1. Password on second account

    Hi!

    I created a second account in Thunderbird and all the settings are good
    (checked many times) but the password does not seem to be working.

    Here's the error message:

    Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pophm.sympatico.ca
    responded: mailbox for example@sympatico.ca is not available.

    Does any one knows how to fix this problem?

    Cheers!

  2. Re: Password on second account

    _marie-pierre_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 4:53 PM:
    > I created a second account in Thunderbird and all the settings are good
    > (checked many times) but the password does not seem to be working.
    >
    > Here's the error message:
    >
    > Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pophm.sympatico.ca
    > responded: mailbox for example@sympatico.ca is not available.
    >
    > Does any one knows how to fix this problem?

    Is your username supposed to be "example@sympatico.ca"? If not, go to
    Tools -> Account Settings -> -> Server Settings, and
    verify that the 'User Name' field is correct.
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Password on second account

    Yes it is suppose to be example@sympatico.ca. Password is also correct; I
    tried changing the password and it made no difference.

    Any other idea?

    "Chris Ilias" wrote in message
    news:fuOdnZwJK6wgu3TenZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > _marie-pierre_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 4:53 PM:
    >> I created a second account in Thunderbird and all the settings are good
    >> (checked many times) but the password does not seem to be working.
    >>
    >> Here's the error message:
    >>
    >> Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pophm.sympatico.ca
    >> responded: mailbox for example@sympatico.ca is not available.
    >>
    >> Does any one knows how to fix this problem?

    > Is your username supposed to be "example@sympatico.ca"? If not, go to
    > Tools -> Account Settings -> -> Server Settings, and verify
    > that the 'User Name' field is correct.
    > --
    > Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    > mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    > Mozilla links
    > (Please do not email me tech support questions)

  4. Re: Password on second account

    I found the problem. It was actually with the Sympatico servers and not
    Thunderbird.

    Thanks anyways!

    "Chris Ilias" wrote in message
    news:fuOdnZwJK6wgu3TenZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > _marie-pierre_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 4:53 PM:
    >> I created a second account in Thunderbird and all the settings are good
    >> (checked many times) but the password does not seem to be working.
    >>
    >> Here's the error message:
    >>
    >> Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pophm.sympatico.ca
    >> responded: mailbox for example@sympatico.ca is not available.
    >>
    >> Does any one knows how to fix this problem?

    > Is your username supposed to be "example@sympatico.ca"? If not, go to
    > Tools -> Account Settings -> -> Server Settings, and verify
    > that the 'User Name' field is correct.
    > --
    > Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    > mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    > Mozilla links
    > (Please do not email me tech support questions)

+ Reply to Thread