red outlined boxes - Mozilla

This is a discussion on red outlined boxes - Mozilla ; TB 1.5, XP home SP2. When I forward or reply to an email, the headers show up within a box that is outlined in red. Nothing I do allows me to get rid of this. Can't highlight it, delete it, ...

  1. red outlined boxes

    TB 1.5, XP home SP2.

    When I forward or reply to an email, the headers show up within a box
    that is outlined in red. Nothing I do allows me to get rid of this.
    Can't highlight it, delete it, cut it, backspace it out, etc. Can
    someone tell me how?

    Thanks for your help,
    Bonnie

  2. Re: red outlined boxes

    bonniejean wrote:
    > TB 1.5, XP home SP2.
    >
    > When I forward or reply to an email, the headers show up within a box
    > that is outlined in red. Nothing I do allows me to get rid of this.
    > Can't highlight it, delete it, cut it, backspace it out, etc. Can
    > someone tell me how?
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    > Bonnie

    Go to the *bottom* of the box with your mouse. Right click and scroll
    up to the top of the box. Hit "Enter"

    Irwin
    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  3. Re: red outlined boxes

    _bonniejean_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 4:25 PM:
    > TB 1.5, XP home SP2.
    >
    > When I forward or reply to an email, the headers show up within a box
    > that is outlined in red. Nothing I do allows me to get rid of this.
    > Can't highlight it, delete it, cut it, backspace it out, etc. Can
    > someone tell me how?

    That's part of the HTML editor. If you add a table, without borders,
    those red lines will be displayed to help keep track of where the table
    is. When you forward a message in HTML mode, the headers are put in a
    table. They are not displayed in the message that is sent.
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  4. Re: red outlined boxes

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _bonniejean_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 4:25 PM:
    >> TB 1.5, XP home SP2.
    >>
    >> When I forward or reply to an email, the headers show up within a box
    >> that is outlined in red. Nothing I do allows me to get rid of this.
    >> Can't highlight it, delete it, cut it, backspace it out, etc. Can
    >> someone tell me how?

    > That's part of the HTML editor. If you add a table, without borders,
    > those red lines will be displayed to help keep track of where the table
    > is. When you forward a message in HTML mode, the headers are put in a
    > table. They are not displayed in the message that is sent.

    Yup....sent mail to myself and of course you are correct. thanks.

  5. Re: red outlined boxes

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > bonniejean wrote:
    >> TB 1.5, XP home SP2.
    >>
    >> When I forward or reply to an email, the headers show up within a box
    >> that is outlined in red. Nothing I do allows me to get rid of this.
    >> Can't highlight it, delete it, cut it, backspace it out, etc. Can
    >> someone tell me how?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help,
    >> Bonnie

    > Go to the *bottom* of the box with your mouse. Right click and scroll
    > up to the top of the box. Hit "Enter"
    >

    > Irwin

    Mmmmm, not as easy to do as it sounds. But I guess as long as it doesn't
    show when viewed by someone else. I usually BCC when mailing more than
    one person and having all those headers defeats that purpose.

    bonnie

+ Reply to Thread