Inbox Message Count Wrong - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Inbox Message Count Wrong - Mozilla ; When I open FF 1.5 the frame appears but it takes quite a while to actually display the messages in my inbox. The progress bar starts growing toward the right, then retreats, then grows again, then retreats... Finally the messages ...

  1. Inbox Message Count Wrong

    When I open FF 1.5 the frame appears but it takes quite a while to
    actually display the messages in my inbox. The progress bar starts
    growing toward the right, then retreats, then grows again, then
    retreats... Finally the messages appear (I have about 50), but the
    message total says 620, or 640, or some other number not related to the
    actual number of messages displayed. I have no filters defined, just
    default FF. Can anybody tell me what's going on and how I can fix it?

    Thanks,

    JAS

  2. Re: Inbox Message Count Wrong

    James A. Schulz wrote:

    > When I open FF 1.5 the frame appears but it takes quite a while to
    > actually display the messages in my inbox. The progress bar starts
    > growing toward the right, then retreats, then grows again, then
    > retreats... Finally the messages appear (I have about 50), but the
    > message total says 620, or 640, or some other number not related to the
    > actual number of messages displayed. I have no filters defined, just
    > default FF. Can anybody tell me what's going on and how I can fix it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > JAS

    What does FF 1.5 have anything to do with Mail. I presume you mean TB
    1.5 [as in Thunderbird, right] IF so, then you have some bad *.msf
    files. These are index files and can become corrupt quickly. Close
    TB, and locate your profile. Look for the mail section and delete all
    the *.msf files. Now open TB and does this work? Also, click on
    File, Compact Folders.

    To locate your profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate

    But first, if you're using windows, then your profile is hidden, so
    you have to unhide window files, and you can do that by reading this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    --
    Time for a change

  3. Re: Inbox Message Count Wrong

    _James A. Schulz_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 2:52 PM:
    > When I open FF 1.5 the frame appears but it takes quite a while to
    > actually display the messages in my inbox. The progress bar starts
    > growing toward the right, then retreats, then grows again, then
    > retreats... Finally the messages appear (I have about 50), but the
    > message total says 620, or 640, or some other number not related to the
    > actual number of messages displayed. I have no filters defined, just
    > default FF. Can anybody tell me what's going on and how I can fix it?

    What are your view settings, under 'View -> Messages', and 'View ->
    Threads'?
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator