strange outgoing server swap - Mozilla

This is a discussion on strange outgoing server swap - Mozilla ; Hi, My mailer is TB 1.5 (20051201). I am using 2 different e-mail accounts (IMAPs). Each one has its own Outgoing SMTP server assigned. Normally everything works fine. But sometimes when I send message from second account it tries to ...

  1. strange outgoing server swap

    Hi,

    My mailer is TB 1.5 (20051201).

    I am using 2 different e-mail accounts (IMAPs). Each one has its own
    Outgoing SMTP server assigned.
    Normally everything works fine. But sometimes when I send message from
    second account it tries to use the first one's outgoing SMTP server - this
    behavior is wrong and unwanted.
    Previously I was using 1.0 and didn't notice it.

    Any reason for that ?

    Thanks in advance
    Piotrek

  2. Re: strange outgoing server swap

    On 07-02-2006 14:32 CET, Piotrek composed this enchanting statement:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My mailer is TB 1.5 (20051201).
    >
    > I am using 2 different e-mail accounts (IMAPs). Each one has its own
    > Outgoing SMTP server assigned.
    > Normally everything works fine. But sometimes when I send message from
    > second account it tries to use the first one's outgoing SMTP server - this
    > behavior is wrong and unwanted.
    > Previously I was using 1.0 and didn't notice it.
    >
    > Any reason for that ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Piotrek

    are you using the matching identity all the time?

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  3. Re: strange outgoing server swap

    Uzytkownik "Melchert Fruitema" napisal w
    wiadomosci news:fcSdnaDsT7KlKHXeRVn-jA@mozilla.org...
    >> I am using 2 different e-mail accounts (IMAPs). Each one has its own
    >> Outgoing SMTP server assigned.
    >> Normally everything works fine. But sometimes when I send message from
    >> second account it tries to use the first one's outgoing SMTP server -
    >> this behavior is wrong and unwanted.
    >> Previously I was using 1.0 and didn't notice it.

    > are you using the matching identity all the time?

    Well. I am not really sure what you mean by "matching identity".
    Actually I have just found out the cause of the problem.
    Beside those two accounts I use TB for reading news groups at home.
    And that defines third "identity" - which is the same as my second one's
    accounts - but
    was setup to use the first outgoing server (I just left it default).
    By mistake I used this identity (account setup for news groups) for
    composing emails... and therefore they tried to go through the first server.

    Thanks anyway
    Regards
    Piotrek

  4. OT: Re: strange outgoing server swap

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    [SNIP]

    Melchert Fruitema

    I just noticed someone's email address.

    Mfffmp ppmfmffmmfmp mmpmpp mmfppfpppfmpmmmmfmmffppffmffmm. Mff
    fmmmppmpp fmmppfppmmppppfpppmpp mpppmffmmmpp
    mpfppfpmfpmfppffppmffpppmfm mffppp ppmffm mpfppfppffmpfmmfmpmpppfmfmm.
    Mff mfmfmfmppfmmfmm fmpmfpmmmfmp ppmmmmpmpmppfmm ppmmpp mmm
    pfmmffppfpppmppmpppff mffppp fmpmfpmpp pppmppfppfmmmfmpffppffmfpfmfmm!
    :-) :-D

    --
    Time for a change

+ Reply to Thread