forwarding inline pictures - Mozilla

This is a discussion on forwarding inline pictures - Mozilla ; bonniejean wrote: > Using TB 1.5 with WinXP home, SP2. > Someone sends me a joke with an *inline* photo plus attachment. But when I > try to forward it, the picture isn't in the body of the email, only ...

  1. forwarding inline pictures

    bonniejean wrote:
    > Using TB 1.5 with WinXP home, SP2.

    > Someone sends me a joke with an *inline* photo plus attachment. But

    when I
    > try to forward it, the picture isn't in the body of the email, only the
    > attachment. I would like that when I forward a picture that is received
    > in the body of the email, it gets sent the same way.

    > Can it be done? What am I missing?

    > Thanks, Bonnie

    Try Message, Forward as>>*Inline*

    If this works, and you want that as the default settings, try
    Tools>>Options>>Composition

    On the General Tab, select Forward Messages *Inline*.

    Lee

    Lee, your first suggestion didn't work for me. And the latter is already
    selected for an option.

    Chris Ilias suggested:

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...ird/browse_thr...
    --

    Chris, the link you sent is to a thread about a troll. I hope you don't
    think I am one.

    Snooping around google lead me to believe that many have problems with
    forwarding. If I "reply" instead of "forward" and then change who I want
    in the "To" field, I can get it to do what I want. If this is a known
    problem with TB1.5, should I just use this work around until it's fixed?

    Bonnie

    PS-My sincerest apologies for posting under another thread. I am
    obviously having some trouble this morning.

  2. Re: forwarding inline pictures

    _bonniejean_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 7:42 AM:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...7ae025cd51947c
    >
    > Chris, the link you sent is to a thread about a troll. I hope you don't think I am one.
    >
    > Snooping around google lead me to believe that many have problems with forwarding. If I "reply" instead of "forward" and then change who I want in the "To" field, I can get it to do what I want. If this is a known problem with TB1.5, should I just use this work around until it's fixed?

    There's no troll in that thread. It's about the same bug you are
    experiencing.
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: forwarding inline pictures

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _bonniejean_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 7:42 AM:
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...7ae025cd51947c
    >>

    >> Chris, the link you sent is to a thread about a troll. I hope you
    >> don't think I am one.
    >>
    >> Snooping around google lead me to believe that many have problems with
    >> forwarding. If I "reply" instead of "forward" and then change who I
    >> want in the "To" field, I can get it to do what I want. If this is a
    >> known problem with TB1.5, should I just use this work around until
    >> it's fixed?

    > There's no troll in that thread. It's about the same bug you are
    > experiencing.

    Well, there is talk about a troll in the thread. the only useful comment
    about it is your link. unless the link you sent above took me to a
    different thread.

    Do you know if there is there going to be a fix soon about this? or
    should I forget it? This seems like a big booboo to me.

    bonnie

  4. Re: forwarding inline pictures

    bonniejean wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _bonniejean_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 7:42 AM:
    >>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...7ae025cd51947c
    >>>

    >>> Chris, the link you sent is to a thread about a troll. I hope you
    >>> don't think I am one.
    >>>
    >>> Snooping around google lead me to believe that many have problems
    >>> with forwarding. If I "reply" instead of "forward" and then change
    >>> who I want in the "To" field, I can get it to do what I want. If this
    >>> is a known problem with TB1.5, should I just use this work around
    >>> until it's fixed?

    >> There's no troll in that thread. It's about the same bug you are
    >> experiencing.

    > Well, there is talk about a troll in the thread. the only useful comment
    > about it is your link. unless the link you sent above took me to a
    > different thread.
    >
    > Do you know if there is there going to be a fix soon about this? or
    > should I forget it? This seems like a big booboo to me.
    >
    > bonnie

    The fix is already in the current TB nightlies. Don't know when a
    release version will be available.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  5. Re: forwarding inline pictures

    _bonniejean_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 4:22 PM:
    > Well, there is talk about a troll in the thread. the only useful comment
    > about it is your link. unless the link you sent above took me to a
    > different thread.
    >
    > Do you know if there is there going to be a fix soon about this? or
    > should I forget it? This seems like a big booboo to me.

    Did you visit the link? The bug is fixed. You'll see it in the next
    Thunderbird 1.5.* update.
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  6. Re: forwarding inline pictures

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _bonniejean_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 4:22 PM:
    >> Well, there is talk about a troll in the thread. the only useful
    >> comment about it is your link. unless the link you sent above took me
    >> to a different thread.
    >>
    >> Do you know if there is there going to be a fix soon about this? or
    >> should I forget it? This seems like a big booboo to me.

    > Did you visit the link? The bug is fixed. You'll see it in the next
    > Thunderbird 1.5.* update.

    Yes I did.

  7. Re: forwarding inline pictures

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > bonniejean wrote:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> _bonniejean_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 7:42 AM:

    >>> There's no troll in that thread. It's about the same bug you are
    >>> experiencing.

    >> Well, there is talk about a troll in the thread. the only useful
    >> comment about it is your link. unless the link you sent above took me
    >> to a different thread.
    >>
    >> Do you know if there is there going to be a fix soon about this? or
    >> should I forget it? This seems like a big booboo to me.
    >>
    >> bonnie

    > The fix is already in the current TB nightlies. Don't know when a
    > release version will be available.
    >
    > Irwin

    Nightlies? Sorry, I have no idea what that is. I'm very much a beginner
    at this stuff. Is it an extension? whatever it is, where can I get it?

    thanks, Irwin

    Bonnie

  8. Re: forwarding inline pictures

    bonniejean wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> bonniejean wrote:

    >>> Well, there is talk about a troll in the thread. the only useful
    >>> comment about it is your link. unless the link you sent above took me
    >>> to a different thread.
    >>>
    >>> Do you know if there is there going to be a fix soon about this? or
    >>> should I forget it? This seems like a big booboo to me.
    >>>
    >>> bonnie

    >> The fix is already in the current TB nightlies. Don't know when a
    >> release version will be available.
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>

    > Nightlies? Sorry, I have no idea what that is. I'm very much a beginner
    > at this stuff. Is it an extension? whatever it is, where can I get it?
    >
    > thanks, Irwin
    >
    > Bonnie

    You don't want it!

    Nightlies are development versions in which new or improved function as
    well as fixes to function regressions are put out for testing purposes.

    Some won't work at all. Some will work pretty well, but may destroy or
    disable some of the data and context in your profile! They are
    dangerous to use unless you are sure of what you are doing, understand
    the risks, and know how to recover from "fatal" failures.

    I have had to reconstruct my profile on several occasions, primarily due
    to the use of nightlies.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  9. Re: forwarding inline pictures

    bonniejean wrote:

    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >
    >>bonniejean wrote:

    >>>Well, there is talk about a troll in the thread. the only useful
    >>>comment about it is your link. unless the link you sent above took me
    >>>to a different thread.
    >>>
    >>>Do you know if there is there going to be a fix soon about this? or
    >>>should I forget it? This seems like a big booboo to me.
    >>>
    >>>bonnie

    >>The fix is already in the current TB nightlies. Don't know when a
    >>release version will be available.
    >>
    >>Irwin
    >>

    > Nightlies? Sorry, I have no idea what that is. I'm very much a beginner
    > at this stuff. Is it an extension? whatever it is, where can I get it?
    >
    > thanks, Irwin
    >
    > Bonnie

    Nightlies are the next versions of TB/FF/Moz/SM, and is in testing
    stage. Some part of the coding has been changed, so they release a
    nightly so testers can test it out and report back.

    If you want to walk on the wild side, then try them out. Just
    remember, there could be lots of bugs and problems, and could cause
    your computer to go up in smoke. ;-) Otherwise, you can get them here
    for TB: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...rbird/nightly/

    --
    Time for a change

  10. Re: forwarding inline pictures

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > bonniejean wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> The fix is already in the current TB nightlies. Don't know when a
    >>> release version will be available.
    >>>
    >>> Irwin
    >>>

    >> Nightlies? Sorry, I have no idea what that is. I'm very much a
    >> beginner at this stuff. Is it an extension? whatever it is, where can
    >> I get it?
    >>
    >> thanks, Irwin
    >>
    >> Bonnie

    > You don't want it!
    >
    > Nightlies are development versions in which new or improved function as
    > well as fixes to function regressions are put out for testing purposes.
    >
    > Some won't work at all. Some will work pretty well, but may destroy or
    > disable some of the data and context in your profile! They are
    > dangerous to use unless you are sure of what you are doing, understand
    > the risks, and know how to recover from "fatal" failures.
    >
    > I have had to reconstruct my profile on several occasions, primarily due
    > to the use of nightlies.
    >
    > Irwin

    I think it's safe to say I have little idea of what I am doing with TB
    so you are right.........no nightlies for me.

    bonnie

+ Reply to Thread