shortcut "thunderbird.exe -calendar" doesn't work with 1.5 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on shortcut "thunderbird.exe -calendar" doesn't work with 1.5 - Mozilla ; The shortcut I used in 1.07 to call up the calendar upon windows start doesn't seem to work in 1.5. Has the parameter changed? Is this a confirmed change in version 1.5? Regards Rudy PS The newsserver doesn't let me ...

  1. shortcut "thunderbird.exe -calendar" doesn't work with 1.5

    The shortcut I used in 1.07 to call up the calendar upon windows start doesn't seem to work in 1.5.

    Has the parameter changed?
    Is this a confirmed change in version 1.5?

    Regards Rudy

    PS
    The newsserver doesn't let me search through the subjectline ("xpat not supported"). I'd surely like to avoid asking a question already
    answered. How do I go about doing this?

  2. forwarding inline pictures

    bonniejean wrote:
    > Using TB 1.5 with WinXP home, SP2.

    > Someone sends me a joke with an *inline* photo plus attachment. But

    when I
    > try to forward it, the picture isn't in the body of the email, only the
    > attachment. I would like that when I forward a picture that is received
    > in the body of the email, it gets sent the same way.

    > Can it be done? What am I missing?

    > Thanks, Bonnie

    Try Message, Forward as>>*Inline*

    If this works, and you want that as the default settings, try
    Tools>>Options>>Composition

    On the General Tab, select Forward Messages *Inline*.

    Lee

    Lee, your first suggestion didn't work for me. And the latter is already
    selected for an option.
    Bonnie

  3. forwarding inline pictures

    bonniejean_ spoke thusly on 06/02/2006 3:39 PM:

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...ird/browse_thr...
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

    Chris, the link you sent is to a thread about a troll. I hope you don't
    think I am one.

    Snooping around google lead me to believe that many have problems with
    forwarding. If I "reply" instead of "forward" and then change who I want
    in the "To" field, I can get it to do what I want. If this is a known
    problem with TB1.5, should I just use this work around until it's fixed?

    Bonnie

  4. Re: shortcut "thunderbird.exe -calendar" doesn't work with 1.5

    Ruediger Zwarg wrote:

    > The shortcut I used in 1.07 to call up the calendar upon windows start doesn't seem to work in 1.5.
    >
    > Has the parameter changed?
    > Is this a confirmed change in version 1.5?
    >
    > Regards Rudy
    >
    > PS
    > The newsserver doesn't let me search through the subjectline ("xpat not supported"). I'd surely like to avoid asking a question already
    > answered. How do I go about doing this?

    there is a newsgroup just for calendar problems:

    If you're trying to search within the news.mozilla.org newsgroups,
    then xpat isn't support. The same applies to other newsgroups, but
    not all.

    --
    Time for a change

  5. Re: shortcut "thunderbird.exe -calendar" doesn't work with 1.5

    _Ruediger Zwarg_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 5:53 AM:
    > The shortcut I used in 1.07 to call up the calendar upon windows start
    > doesn't seem to work in 1.5.

    Post the entire command line, so we can see if there's anything wrong.

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...7ecb2302f75ccf
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  6. Re: shortcut "thunderbird.exe -calendar" doesn't work with 1.5

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Ruediger Zwarg_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 5:53 AM:
    >> The shortcut I used in 1.07 to call up the calendar upon windows start
    >> doesn't seem to work in 1.5.

    > Post the entire command line, so we can see if there's anything wrong.

    I have the same issue, my command line is:

    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -calendar

    That is the shortcut I use on a Windows XP desktop. Before I upgraded to
    TB1.5 this would launch directly into the calendar, now it does not. It
    just launches TB into the normal email window view.

    I have a simular shortcut to launch the address book directly:

    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -addressbook

    This continues to work as expected after upgrading.

  7. Re: shortcut "thunderbird.exe -calendar" doesn't work with 1.5

    Warren Nicholls wrote in

    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _Ruediger Zwarg_ spoke thusly on 07/02/2006 5:53 AM:
    >>> The shortcut I used in 1.07 to call up the calendar upon
    >>> windows start doesn't seem to work in 1.5.

    >> Post the entire command line, so we can see if there's
    >> anything wrong.
    >>

    > I have the same issue, my command line is:
    >
    > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe"
    > -calendar
    >
    > That is the shortcut I use on a Windows XP desktop. Before I
    > upgraded to TB1.5 this would launch directly into the
    > calendar, now it does not. It just launches TB into the normal
    > email window view.

    Hmm. Try "sunbird" instead of "calendar". And try asking in the
    Calendar support group if that doesn't work; this really isn't a
    Thunderbird issue since calendar development is handled by a
    different team.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    Don't knock masturbation; isn't sex with someone you love the
    best kind?

+ Reply to Thread