Save views - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Save views - Mozilla ; Hi, I recently decided to check out Thunderbird, but cannot find a way to view the threads as I like it. I want it grouped by thread, collapsed, the newest on top. Currently, I always have to set it anew ...

  1. Save views

    Hi,

    I recently decided to check out Thunderbird, but cannot find a way to
    view the threads as I like it. I want it grouped by thread, collapsed,
    the newest on top. Currently, I always have to set it anew each time I
    open Thunderbird. I there a better way?

    Thanks,

    Ina

  2. Re: Save views

    Ina Koys wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently decided to check out Thunderbird, but cannot find a way to
    > view the threads as I like it. I want it grouped by thread, collapsed,
    > the newest on top. Currently, I always have to set it anew each time I
    > open Thunderbird. I there a better way?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ina

    Use the View menu

    View>>Sort By>>Threaded

    View>>Threads>>Collapse all threads.

    Exit the group, the next time you enter, you should have collapsed
    threads, except for one, if a new message has come in. It always sticks
    from here.

    As far as ascending and descending, for news, thats never stuck from
    here, though it does for mail accounts. I've just learned to live with
    the order flip flopping.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  3. Re: Save views

    > As far as ascending and descending, for news, thats never stuck from
    > here, though it does for mail accounts. I've just learned to live with
    > the order flip flopping.
    >
    > Lee

    I just clicked the top of the date column and it stayed that way the
    next time I opened it. (v1.5)

  4. Re: Save views

    user schrieb:

    >> As far as ascending and descending, for news, thats never stuck from
    >> here, though it does for mail accounts. I've just learned to live
    >> with the order flip flopping.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > I just clicked the top of the date column and it stayed that way the
    > next time I opened it. (v1.5)

    Thanks guys, it seems to work now.

    Ina

+ Reply to Thread