Newsgroups - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Newsgroups - Mozilla ; Hey, Does anyone know where I can find good newsgroups that work with Thunderbird? I'm looking for a writer's group, for speculative fiction. The usenet groups don't seem to be working, either--are they supposed to?...

  1. Newsgroups

    Hey,

    Does anyone know where I can find good newsgroups that
    work with Thunderbird? I'm looking for a writer's
    group, for speculative fiction. The usenet groups
    don't seem to be working, either--are they supposed to?

  2. Re: Newsgroups

    _Mark_ spoke thusly on 01/02/2006 5:50 PM:
    > Hey,
    >
    > Does anyone know where I can find good newsgroups that work with
    > Thunderbird? I'm looking for a writer's group, for speculative
    > fiction. The usenet groups don't seem to be working, either--are they
    > supposed to?

    Mozilla Thunderbird is a newsgroup client, not a service. Does your
    Internet Service Provider not provide you with newsgroup service?
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Newsgroups

    On 01.02.2006 Mark (shoreu@hotmail.com) wrote:
    > Does anyone know where I can find good newsgroups that
    > work with Thunderbird? I'm looking for a writer's
    > group, for speculative fiction. The usenet groups
    > don't seem to be working, either--are they supposed to?

    If your ISP does not provide you with a news server try one of the free
    servers listed at http://www.disenter.com/

    --
    Holger

  4. Re: Newsgroups

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Mark_ spoke thusly on 01/02/2006 5:50 PM:
    >> Hey,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know where I can find good newsgroups that work with
    >> Thunderbird? I'm looking for a writer's group, for speculative
    >> fiction. The usenet groups don't seem to be working, either--are they
    >> supposed to?

    > Mozilla Thunderbird is a newsgroup client, not a service. Does your
    > Internet Service Provider not provide you with newsgroup service?

    Yeah, I don't have one. My ISP doesn't provide
    anything except Internet Access (it's one of those
    apartment complex deals), but it is fast.

  5. Re: Newsgroups

    Holger Metzger wrote:
    > On 01.02.2006 Mark (shoreu@hotmail.com) wrote:
    >> Does anyone know where I can find good newsgroups that
    >> work with Thunderbird? I'm looking for a writer's
    >> group, for speculative fiction. The usenet groups
    >> don't seem to be working, either--are they supposed to?

    > If your ISP does not provide you with a news server try one of the free
    > servers listed at http://www.disenter.com/

    I tried several of those, but it wouldn't connect to
    any of them. Are they out of service, or what?

  6. Re: Newsgroups

    >>> Does anyone know where I can find good newsgroups that work with
    >>> Thunderbird?

    >> Mozilla Thunderbird is a newsgroup client, not a service. Does your
    >> Internet Service Provider not provide you with newsgroup service?

    > Yeah, I don't have one. My ISP doesn't provide anything except Internet
    > Access (it's one of those apartment complex deals), but it is fast.

    Use this news server.

    news.readfreenews.net

    Not sure what you need but this server has all the ones I am reading. It
    and it is free and independent of any ISP.

    There are other _free news servers_. GOOGLE for the term or just go here.

    www.disenter.com

    -Jim

+ Reply to Thread