Cursor placement on replies - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Cursor placement on replies - Mozilla ; Hello, When we reply, the cursor starts at the bottom of the message however on forwards it starts at the top. I have searched high and low and cannot figure out how to set it so the cursor starts at ...

  1. Cursor placement on replies

    Hello,

    When we reply, the cursor starts at the bottom of the message however on
    forwards it starts at the top. I have searched high and low and cannot
    figure out how to set it so the cursor starts at the top. Anyone able to
    help with this? Thanks bunches. Mo

  2. Re: Cursor placement on replies

    DAS wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > When we reply, the cursor starts at the bottom of the message however on
    > forwards it starts at the top. I have searched high and low and cannot
    > figure out how to set it so the cursor starts at the top. Anyone able to
    > help with this? Thanks bunches. Mo

    Account settings > Composition & addressing:
    "Start my reply..."

    See sig for newsgroup-annoyances...

    - Ketil

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why?

  3. Re: Cursor placement on replies

    Ketil Wendelbo Aanensen wrote:
    > DAS wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> When we reply, the cursor starts at the bottom of the message however
    >> on forwards it starts at the top. I have searched high and low and
    >> cannot figure out how to set it so the cursor starts at the top.
    >> Anyone able to help with this? Thanks bunches. Mo
    >>

    > Account settings > Composition & addressing:
    > "Start my reply..."
    >
    > See sig for newsgroup-annoyances...
    >
    > - Ketil

    I have this set as you suggest, but suddenly my cursor is going to the
    top of the message reply window instead of the bottom where it used to
    be. This happened after changing some other composition settings.

    Please can someone tell me which of the about:config settings I should
    alter to get my newsgroup replies back to bottom posting please?

  4. Re: Cursor placement on replies

    Robert M Jones wrote:

    > Please can someone tell me which of the about:config settings I should
    > alter to get my newsgroup replies back to bottom posting please?

    Tools > Accounts settings > composition and addressing

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email

  5. Re: Cursor placement on replies

    Bob Henson wrote:

    > Robert M Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Please can someone tell me which of the about:config settings I should
    >> alter to get my newsgroup replies back to bottom posting please?

    > Tools > Accounts settings > composition and addressing
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Bob

    Thanks for the reply.
    I've posted a new thread to indicate that this doesn't work - and is
    affected by the setting in about:config for text wrapping in the
    compose window -
    mail.compose.wrap_to_window_width
    if that is toggled to true then the cursor shoots up to the first
    line of quoted text in replies - no matter what is in Tools - Account
    Settings - composition and addressing.
    If it is toggled back to false, then the cursor goes back to where I
    want it as set in composition and addressing, the bottom. I've
    replicated this and it is clear there is a relationship between these
    two settings.

  6. Re: Cursor placement on replies

    Robert M Jones wrote:
    > Ketil Wendelbo Aanensen wrote:
    >
    >> DAS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> When we reply, the cursor starts at the bottom of the message however
    >>> on forwards it starts at the top. I have searched high and low and
    >>> cannot figure out how to set it so the cursor starts at the top.
    >>> Anyone able to help with this? Thanks bunches. Mo
    >>>

    >> Account settings > Composition & addressing:
    >> "Start my reply..."
    >>
    >> See sig for newsgroup-annoyances...
    >>
    >> - Ketil
    >>

    > I have this set as you suggest, but suddenly my cursor is going to the
    > top of the message reply window instead of the bottom where it used to
    > be. This happened after changing some other composition settings.
    >
    > Please can someone tell me which of the about:config settings I should
    > alter to get my newsgroup replies back to bottom posting please?

    Sorry, I misread your post. Sorry, I don't know.

    - Ketil

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why?