Account Settings - Not Being Set (Not Sticking) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Account Settings - Not Being Set (Not Sticking) - Mozilla ; I am using TB 1.5 with XP Home, Pent III 733 and 512MB RAM. Using options "Account Setting Thunderbird, in particular the "Copies & Folders Options" for Sent, Draft and Templates Folders, despite selecting appropriate responses the "responses" do not ...

  1. Account Settings - Not Being Set (Not Sticking)

    I am using TB 1.5 with XP Home, Pent III 733 and 512MB RAM.

    Using options "Account Setting Thunderbird, in particular the "Copies &
    Folders Options" for Sent, Draft and Templates Folders, despite
    selecting appropriate responses the "responses" do not stick.

    Consequently when I send a mail there is no record of the sent mail.

    I have considered commencing from scratch with a new profile. If I do
    this is it possible to transfer ALL of my existing mail folders with
    their contents to the new profile without loss of any the mail items?

    Many Thanks

    John Childs

  2. Re: Account Settings - Not Being Set (Not Sticking)

    John Childs wrote:

    > I am using TB 1.5 with XP Home, Pent III 733 and 512MB RAM.
    >
    > Using options "Account Setting Thunderbird, in particular the "Copies &
    > Folders Options" for Sent, Draft and Templates Folders, despite
    > selecting appropriate responses the "responses" do not stick.
    >
    > Consequently when I send a mail there is no record of the sent mail.
    >
    > I have considered commencing from scratch with a new profile. If I do
    > this is it possible to transfer ALL of my existing mail folders with
    > their contents to the new profile without loss of any the mail items?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > John Childs

    Yes, just copy all the files without the *.msf extension. Also, just
    make a backup copy of everything first, just incase you screw things
    up and you can go back to the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread