I've recently (the last few days) been experiencing frequent timeouts on
getting or sending mail. If I keep trying, eventually I get a connection.

I have no problems with TB on an XP box on the same LAN.

I've also been having connection issues with FF and other Mozilla based
browsers, detailed in my post to the firefox group.

I've tried completely purging the TB package and reinstalling, no dice.
My pop and smtp servers ping fine, so it's not a DNS or connectivity issue.

I'm running Debian Etch (testing), Gnome/metacity, and TB 1.0.7.

TIA for any help/ideas.

--