expand/collapse thread - Mozilla

This is a discussion on expand/collapse thread - Mozilla ; When I select a newsgroup all of its threads are collapsed except for one and it is expanded. Is there a way to keep the one lone threads from expanding?...

  1. expand/collapse thread

    When I select a newsgroup all of its threads are collapsed except for
    one and it is expanded. Is there a way to keep the one lone threads
    from expanding?

  2. Re: expand/collapse thread

    Brownie wrote:
    > When I select a newsgroup all of its threads are collapsed except for
    > one and it is expanded. Is there a way to keep the one lone threads
    > from expanding?

    Its a common question, and the answer seems to be, no there is not.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  3. Re: expand/collapse thread

    On 1/18/2006 4:38 AM, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Brownie wrote:
    >> When I select a newsgroup all of its threads are collapsed except for
    >> one and it is expanded. Is there a way to keep the one lone threads
    >> from expanding?
    >>

    > Its a common question, and the answer seems to be, no there is not.
    >
    > Lee

    I think there is a connection between WHERE you were and the
    "mailnews.remember_selected_message" value....

    regards:captjlddavis

  4. Re: expand/collapse thread

    On 1/18/2006 11:25 AM, captjlddavis wrote:
    > On 1/18/2006 4:38 AM, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Brownie wrote:
    >>> When I select a newsgroup all of its threads are collapsed except for
    >>> one and it is expanded. Is there a way to keep the one lone threads
    >>> from expanding?
    >>>

    >> Its a common question, and the answer seems to be, no there is not.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > I think there is a connection between WHERE you were and the
    > "mailnews.remember_selected_message" value....
    >
    > regards:captjlddavis

    Clarifying my own message:
    Obviously there is a connection - I was trying to say that IF you were
    in an expanded thread when you left the NG and "remember...." is set to
    TRUE - then that thread will be expanded when you return to the NG.

    regards:captjlddavis

  5. Re: expand/collapse thread

    captjlddavis wrote:

    > Clarifying my own message:
    > Obviously there is a connection - I was trying to say that IF you were
    > in an expanded thread when you left the NG and "remember...." is set to
    > TRUE - then that thread will be expanded when you return to the NG.
    >
    > regards:captjlddavis

    Not true. I subscribe to a NG where there has been a very active OT
    thread that I don't follow. It is frequently shown expanded when I open
    the NG - I scroll to the head, collapse it, and then read the other
    threads that interest me. I usually collapse all threads before setting
    everything as read and moving on to the next NG. Next time the OT
    thread is expanded again - a real PITA.
    --

    Regards, Gary Wooding

  6. Re: expand/collapse thread

    On 1/19/2006 12:40 AM, lemel_man wrote:
    > captjlddavis wrote:
    >
    >> Clarifying my own message:
    >> Obviously there is a connection - I was trying to say that IF you were
    >> in an expanded thread when you left the NG and "remember...." is set to
    >> TRUE - then that thread will be expanded when you return to the NG.
    >>
    >> regards:captjlddavis

    > Not true. I subscribe to a NG where there has been a very active OT
    > thread that I don't follow. It is frequently shown expanded when I open
    > the NG - I scroll to the head, collapse it, and then read the other
    > threads that interest me. I usually collapse all threads before setting
    > everything as read and moving on to the next NG. Next time the OT
    > thread is expanded again - a real PITA.

    Very odd indeed....
    My experience is as pretty much as described above....If I manually
    collapse the thread by selecting the small collapse (-) button next to
    the first post in the thread. when I return to the NG, it is collpased.
    If I collapse ALL threads by the "\" key and I am in a OPENED thread
    then when I return to the NG it will be on the OPEN thread that was
    active when I left the group.

    Very odd indeed.

    regards:captjlddavis

+ Reply to Thread