Question regarding display of images in e-mails - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Question regarding display of images in e-mails - Mozilla ; Most of the time the e-mails that I receive (that have been composed in OE) that contain alot of images and text, only show the text in the message pane. The images appear as a list in the attachments field ...

  1. Question regarding display of images in e-mails

    Most of the time the e-mails that I receive (that have been composed in
    OE) that contain alot of images and text, only show the text in the
    message pane. The images appear as a list in the attachments field at
    the bottom. In order to see the images, I have to double-click. Is
    this a feature of Thunderbird, or a feature of me ?

    I'd appreciate any help in resolving this issue. I expect it's
    something very simple. I'm currently using Thunderbird 1.0.7. I don't
    want to upgrade yet.

    TIA
    Allison Sage

  2. Re: Question regarding display of images in e-mails

    _asage_ spoke thusly on 18/01/2006 1:27 AM:
    > Most of the time the e-mails that I receive (that have been composed in
    > OE) that contain alot of images and text, only show the text in the
    > message pane. The images appear as a list in the attachments field at
    > the bottom. In order to see the images, I have to double-click. Is
    > this a feature of Thunderbird, or a feature of me ?
    >
    > I'd appreciate any help in resolving this issue. I expect it's
    > something very simple. I'm currently using Thunderbird 1.0.7. I don't
    > want to upgrade yet.

    View -> Message Body as -> Original HTML.
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help

  3. Re: Question regarding display of images in e-mails

    On 1/17/2006 10:36 PM Pacific, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _asage_ spoke thusly on 18/01/2006 1:27 AM:
    >> Most of the time the e-mails that I receive (that have been composed in
    >> OE) that contain alot of images and text, only show the text in the
    >> message pane. The images appear as a list in the attachments field at
    >> the bottom. In order to see the images, I have to double-click. Is
    >> this a feature of Thunderbird, or a feature of me ?
    >>
    >> I'd appreciate any help in resolving this issue. I expect it's
    >> something very simple. I'm currently using Thunderbird 1.0.7. I don't
    >> want to upgrade yet.

    > View -> Message Body as -> Original HTML.

    I think View>>Display Attachments Inline might suffice.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  4. Re: Question regarding display of images in e-mails

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 1/17/2006 10:36 PM Pacific, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >>_asage_ spoke thusly on 18/01/2006 1:27 AM:
    >>
    >>>Most of the time the e-mails that I receive (that have been composed in
    >>>OE) that contain alot of images and text, only show the text in the
    >>>message pane. The images appear as a list in the attachments field at
    >>>the bottom. In order to see the images, I have to double-click. Is
    >>>this a feature of Thunderbird, or a feature of me ?
    >>>
    >>>I'd appreciate any help in resolving this issue. I expect it's
    >>>something very simple. I'm currently using Thunderbird 1.0.7. I don't
    >>>want to upgrade yet.

    >>View -> Message Body as -> Original HTML.

    > I think View>>Display Attachments Inline might suffice.
    >
    > Irwin

    Thanks Irwin. That option had already been checked, so it wasn't enough
    Allie ;>

  5. Re: Question regarding display of images in e-mails

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _asage_ spoke thusly on 18/01/2006 1:27 AM:
    >
    >> Most of the time the e-mails that I receive (that have been composed
    >> in OE) that contain alot of images and text, only show the text in the
    >> message pane. The images appear as a list in the attachments field at
    >> the bottom. In order to see the images, I have to double-click. Is
    >> this a feature of Thunderbird, or a feature of me ?
    >>
    >> I'd appreciate any help in resolving this issue. I expect it's
    >> something very simple. I'm currently using Thunderbird 1.0.7. I
    >> don't want to upgrade yet.

    > View -> Message Body as -> Original HTML.

    Boy was that simple - thanks Chris!
    Allie ;>

+ Reply to Thread