Thunderbird becomes penguin; no longer flying - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird becomes penguin; no longer flying - Mozilla ; Hi all - I am an earthlink subscriber and I use thunderbird to read my email. As of two days ago, without intentionally changing any settings on my part, Tbird began telling me that there were no new messages on ...

  1. Thunderbird becomes penguin; no longer flying

    Hi all -

    I am an earthlink subscriber and I use thunderbird to read my email. As
    of two days ago, without intentionally changing any settings on my part,
    Tbird began telling me that there were no new messages on the server. I
    have since gone to earthlink and found my webmail inbox with many
    messages ... I have looked over the account settings and can find
    nothing obvious. I telephoned earthlink support to find out if there
    was a problem at their end ... they denied same. I use the Windows XP
    platform and I have had no difficulties with Tbird or Firefox until this
    issue. Any help or suggestions as to how to fix this is greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Ted

  2. Re: Thunderbird becomes penguin; no longer flying

    On 1/17/2006 7:53 PM tmhankin wrote:
    > Hi all -
    >
    > I am an earthlink subscriber and I use thunderbird to read my email. As
    > of two days ago, without intentionally changing any settings on my part,
    > Tbird began telling me that there were no new messages on the server. I
    > have since gone to earthlink and found my webmail inbox with many
    > messages ... I have looked over the account settings and can find
    > nothing obvious. I telephoned earthlink support to find out if there
    > was a problem at their end ... they denied same. I use the Windows XP
    > platform and I have had no difficulties with Tbird or Firefox until this
    > issue. Any help or suggestions as to how to fix this is greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ted

    It's not any help, but a friend who uses Earthlink's email program
    (EarthLink MailBox 2005.2.15.0 (Windows)), has had similar problems in
    the recent past. I'm not sure what or how, but it seems like it is an
    Earthlink problem, even though they deny it.

    I have seen similar problems with Thunderbird occasionally, but if I
    close the program, kill the Thunderbird process that doesn't die on its
    own, then restart the program, everything works again.

+ Reply to Thread