Mails are not threads - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Mails are not threads - Mozilla ; I recently changed from Outlook Express (in WinXP SP2) to Thunderbird, currently 1.07. My messages are not displayed in threads, answers begining with "Re:" not behind the question but as single mail. My settings are: View - Threads - *All ...

  1. Mails are not threads

    I recently changed from Outlook Express (in WinXP SP2) to Thunderbird,
    currently 1.07. My messages are not displayed in threads, answers
    begining with "Re:" not behind the question but as single mail. My
    settings are: View - Threads - *All
    How can I change this?
    As I read, there were problems with threading in TB. Is there any .js
    file where I can tell TB, which prefix to accept before the real
    subject? I communicate both in English and German, using TB US-en, so it
    would be helpful to have TB accept also "Betreff:" or "Aw:" besides
    "Re:" (which for unknown reasons doesn't work).
    Are there any changes in 1.5?

  2. Re: Mails are not threads

    On 17.01.2006 12:26, NOP wrote:

    > I recently changed from Outlook Express (in WinXP SP2) to Thunderbird,
    > currently 1.07. My messages are not displayed in threads, answers
    > begining with "Re:" not behind the question but as single mail. My
    > settings are: View - Threads - *All
    > How can I change this?
    > As I read, there were problems with threading in TB. Is there any .js
    > file where I can tell TB, which prefix to accept before the real
    > subject? I communicate both in English and German, using TB US-en, so it
    > would be helpful to have TB accept also "Betreff:" or "Aw:" besides
    > "Re:" (which for unknown reasons doesn't work).
    > Are there any changes in 1.5?

    First do VIEW => Threads => Threads with unread

    Then VIEW => Threads => Unread

    It's an old trick from the NS 3.x days.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  3. Re: Mails are not threads

    NOP wrote:

    > I recently changed from Outlook Express (in WinXP SP2) to Thunderbird,
    > currently 1.07. My messages are not displayed in threads, answers
    > begining with "Re:" not behind the question but as single mail. My
    > settings are: View - Threads - *All
    > How can I change this?
    > As I read, there were problems with threading in TB. Is there any .js
    > file where I can tell TB, which prefix to accept before the real
    > subject? I communicate both in English and German, using TB US-en, so it
    > would be helpful to have TB accept also "Betreff:" or "Aw:" besides
    > "Re:" (which for unknown reasons doesn't work).
    > Are there any changes in 1.5?

    also check under View, Sort By Threaded, AND Ascending or Descending,
    AND one of the others in the top half

+ Reply to Thread