Sending (proper SMTP settings) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sending (proper SMTP settings) - Mozilla ; I have 3 e-mail accounts set up on Thunderbird 1.5 They are the same 3 that I had been using on version 1.07. Everything seemed to go perfectly when I upgraded to 1.5 and I have been getting my e-mail ...

  1. Sending (proper SMTP settings)

    I have 3 e-mail accounts set up on Thunderbird 1.5 They are the same 3
    that I had been using on version 1.07. Everything seemed to go
    perfectly when I upgraded to 1.5 and I have been getting my e-mail with
    no problem. However, I don't seem to be able to send. I have checked
    the SMTP setting and they are the same as they had been in the previous
    version. Any suggestions of any tweaks that I can make?

  2. Re: Sending (proper SMTP settings)

    Robin Garfinkel wrote:
    > I have 3 e-mail accounts set up on Thunderbird 1.5 They are the same 3
    > that I had been using on version 1.07. Everything seemed to go
    > perfectly when I upgraded to 1.5 and I have been getting my e-mail with
    > no problem. However, I don't seem to be able to send. I have checked
    > the SMTP setting and they are the same as they had been in the previous
    > version. Any suggestions of any tweaks that I can make?

    There shouldn't be a problem. What error messages do you get when you
    try to send?

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  3. Re: Sending (proper SMTP settings)

    Robin Garfinkel wrote:
    > I have 3 e-mail accounts set up on Thunderbird 1.5 They are the same 3
    > that I had been using on version 1.07. Everything seemed to go
    > perfectly when I upgraded to 1.5 and I have been getting my e-mail with
    > no problem. However, I don't seem to be able to send. I have checked
    > the SMTP setting and they are the same as they had been in the previous
    > version. Any suggestions of any tweaks that I can make?

    I had the same problem with my one account. Finally I removed the
    outgoing mail server and then added a different Earthlink mail server
    and I could send mail again. I then removed that new server and added
    back the one that I removed first. I closed Thunderbird after each
    change. After that I could send mail without a problem. Maybe this will
    work for you.

    Virginia

+ Reply to Thread