how to know which extension/s installed already? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on how to know which extension/s installed already? - Mozilla ; TBird 1.5 (suse linux) I have just looked at Tools>Extensions and I see that two extensions are shown - Mail Redirect 0.7.1+ and Enigmail 0.94.0 I am mystified because I had not believed I had any extensions installed. But maybe ...

  1. how to know which extension/s installed already?

    TBird 1.5 (suse linux)
    I have just looked at Tools>Extensions
    and I see that two extensions are shown - Mail Redirect 0.7.1+ and
    Enigmail 0.94.0

    I am mystified because I had not believed I had any extensions
    installed. But maybe I have? I have been using tbird a while now and I
    suppose it is just possible I have tried something in the distant past.

    1) Does the display of extensions in this menu mean what I think it
    means - that these two extensions are in fact installed? If so, would
    I necessarily have installed these in the past? I do not recall this.

    2) do existing extensions get preserved and taken up when tbird is
    upgraded to later versions? (such as my existing 1.5)

    2) Do any extensions get installed with tbird by default?

    3) How do I uninstall (these) extensions if wished?

  2. Re: how to know which extension/s installed already?

    On 17.01.2006 07:42 UK Time, ac wrote:
    > TBird 1.5 (suse linux)
    > I have just looked at Tools>Extensions
    > and I see that two extensions are shown - Mail Redirect 0.7.1+ and
    > Enigmail 0.94.0
    >
    > I am mystified because I had not believed I had any extensions
    > installed. But maybe I have? I have been using tbird a while now and I
    > suppose it is just possible I have tried something in the distant past.
    >
    > 1) Does the display of extensions in this menu mean what I think it
    > means - that these two extensions are in fact installed? If so, would
    > I necessarily have installed these in the past?

    Yes.

    > 2) do existing extensions get preserved and taken up when tbird is
    > upgraded to later versions? (such as my existing 1.5)

    Yes, provided they are found to be compatible. If they are not, TB 1.5
    may automatically upgrade them, otherwise it may disable them.

    > 2) Do any extensions get installed with tbird by default?

    No.

    > 3) How do I uninstall (these) extensions if wished?

    Tools > Extensions > Uninstall.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: how to know which extension/s installed already?

    On 01/17/06 02:52, Herb wrote:
    >> 2) Do any extensions get installed with tbird by default?

    > No.

    Talkback does.
    --
    Yay!

  4. Re: how to know which extension/s installed already?

    On 17.01.2006 08:37 UK Time, Matt Nordhoff wrote:
    > On 01/17/06 02:52, Herb wrote:
    >>> 2) Do any extensions get installed with tbird by default?

    >> No.

    > Talkback does.

    Ooops, sorry.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  5. Re: how to know which extension/s installed already?

    Matt Nordhoff wrote:

    > On 01/17/06 02:52, Herb wrote:
    >
    >>>2) Do any extensions get installed with tbird by default?

    >>No.

    > Talkback does.

    Also, some distros add some extensions by default to their packages.
    This might be the case if OP uses the SuSE package and not the one from
    mozilla.com.

  6. Re: how to know which extension/s installed already?

    On 01/17/06 04:24, Thanos wrote:
    > Also, some distros add some extensions by default to their packages.
    > This might be the case if OP uses the SuSE package and not the one from
    > mozilla.com.

    At least where I see a package list on SuSE's website [1], they're only
    at 1.0.6 so far, so the OP had to use Mozilla's, or some unofficial one
    that could've included extensions.

    [1]_
    ____
    --
    Yay!

  7. Re: how to know which extension/s installed already?

    Thanos wrote:
    > Matt Nordhoff wrote:

    >>> No.

    >> Talkback does.

    > Also, some distros add some extensions by default to their packages.
    > This might be the case if OP uses the SuSE package and not the one from
    > mozilla.com.

    Ah, that might be it. It was from a suse ftp server as a projetc, so
    it might have this.

    Thanks for all the responses
    --
    ac