Incorrect Threads - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Incorrect Threads - Mozilla ; I just now installed Thunderbird 1.5 for use as a newsgroup (NNTP) client, replacing Netscape 4.79. I did this without importing anything from either Netscape or Mozilla Suite (1.7.12). I have [View>Messages>Unread]. When I look at a newsgroup with a ...

  1. Incorrect Threads

    I just now installed Thunderbird 1.5 for use as a newsgroup (NNTP)
    client, replacing Netscape 4.79. I did this without importing anything
    from either Netscape or Mozilla Suite (1.7.12).

    I have [View>Messages>Unread]. When I look at a newsgroup with a
    lengthy thread, the thread is all screwed up. A reply shows at the top
    even though it is dated two or three days after the original post. The
    original post shows down in the thread as if it were a reply. Other
    replies appear in the wrong places, not following the messages to which
    they reply.

    The threads are okay if I select [View>Threads>Threads with unread], but
    that seems to force [View>Messages>All].

    I see this with the thread "Key signing parties" in alt.security.pgp and
    with the thread "Again: When plain text page is treated as HTML" in
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html.

    I have no themes or extensions installed for Thunderbird, only a vanilla
    installation. I have only one profile (the default). My NNTP server is
    the commercial side of Giganews, via subscription through my ISP.

    If there is a bug report on this, please let me know the bug number.

    --

    David E. Ross

    Concerned about someone (e.g., Pres. Bush) snooping
    into your E-mail? Use PGP.
    See my

  2. Re: Incorrect Threads

    David E. Ross wrote:

    > I just now installed Thunderbird 1.5 for use as a newsgroup (NNTP)
    > client, replacing Netscape 4.79. I did this without importing anything
    > from either Netscape or Mozilla Suite (1.7.12).
    >
    > I have [View>Messages>Unread]. When I look at a newsgroup with a
    > lengthy thread, the thread is all screwed up. A reply shows at the top
    > even though it is dated two or three days after the original post. The
    > original post shows down in the thread as if it were a reply. Other
    > replies appear in the wrong places, not following the messages to which
    > they reply.
    >
    > The threads are okay if I select [View>Threads>Threads with unread], but
    > that seems to force [View>Messages>All].
    >
    > I see this with the thread "Key signing parties" in alt.security.pgp and
    > with the thread "Again: When plain text page is treated as HTML" in
    > comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html.
    >
    > I have no themes or extensions installed for Thunderbird, only a vanilla
    > installation. I have only one profile (the default). My NNTP server is
    > the commercial side of Giganews, via subscription through my ISP.
    >
    > If there is a bug report on this, please let me know the bug number.

    you have to select more than one setting in some. For instance mine
    is set to:

    View, Sort By: Order Received, Descending and Threaded
    View, Messages: All
    View, Threads: All

+ Reply to Thread