JMC retention vs. Folder properties retention - Mozilla

This is a discussion on JMC retention vs. Folder properties retention - Mozilla ; In JMC I have "Move incoming messages determined to be junk mail to Junk folder on (account) " checked and "Automatically delete junk mail messages older than 7 days from this folder" selected. Will these values take precedence over the ...

  1. JMC retention vs. Folder properties retention

    In JMC I have "Move incoming messages determined to be junk mail to Junk
    folder on (account) " checked and "Automatically delete junk mail
    messages older than 7 days from this folder" selected.

    Will these values take precedence over the Folder Properties "Retention
    Policy"?

    Thanks
    Bruce

  2. Re: JMC retention vs. Folder properties retention

    _Bruce_ spoke thusly on 16/01/2006 8:55 PM:
    > In JMC I have "Move incoming messages determined to be junk mail to Junk
    > folder on (account) " checked and "Automatically delete junk mail
    > messages older than 7 days from this folder" selected.
    >
    > Will these values take precedence over the Folder Properties "Retention
    > Policy"?
    >
    > Thanks

    Good question. Right now, I would think that which ever one is set to
    the shorter period of time will work.
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help