Detaching attachments - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Detaching attachments - Mozilla ; Is there a way to detach pictures from an email without being required to select a save location? In other words, I've already saved the attachments where I want them (a long time ago), and I just want to save ...

  1. Detaching attachments

    Is there a way to detach pictures from an email without being required
    to select a save location? In other words, I've already saved the
    attachments where I want them (a long time ago), and I just want to save
    the space in the emails.
    -Joe

  2. Re: Detaching attachments

    On 16.01.2006 15:22 UK Time, Joe wrote:
    > Is there a way to detach pictures from an email without being required
    > to select a save location? In other words, I've already saved the
    > attachments where I want them (a long time ago), and I just want to save
    > the space in the emails.
    > -Joe

    Just use Delete instead of Detach :-)

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: Detaching attachments

    Herb wrote:
    > On 16.01.2006 15:22 UK Time, Joe wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a way to detach pictures from an email without being required
    >>to select a save location? In other words, I've already saved the
    >>attachments where I want them (a long time ago), and I just want to save
    >>the space in the emails.
    >>-Joe

    > Just use Delete instead of Detach :-)

    Hmm--I'm having the same or a similar problem. There is no Detach
    option, and there is no Delete option
    (just open, save as, and save all). Pressing delete when the
    attachment is selected will delete the entire
    message, instead of just the attachment. Is there a way to delete the
    attachment without deleting the text?

    Thanks!

  4. Re: Detaching attachments

    On 1/16/2006 4:24 PM On a whim, Mark pounded out on the keyboard

    > Herb wrote:
    >> On 16.01.2006 15:22 UK Time, Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way to detach pictures from an email without being required
    >>> to select a save location? In other words, I've already saved the
    >>> attachments where I want them (a long time ago), and I just want to save
    >>> the space in the emails.
    >>> -Joe

    >> Just use Delete instead of Detach :-)
    >>

    > Hmm--I'm having the same or a similar problem. There is no Detach
    > option, and there is no Delete option
    > (just open, save as, and save all). Pressing delete when the
    > attachment is selected will delete the entire
    > message, instead of just the attachment. Is there a way to delete the
    > attachment without deleting the text?
    >
    > Thanks!

    That may not be a feature of 1.0.7. In 1.5 (and the build I'm using), in
    the preview pane, right click on the attachment in the "Attachments" box
    at the bottom of the pane. From there you can detach or delete one or
    all of the attachments.

    --
    Terry

    ***Reply Note***

  5. Re: Detaching attachments

    On 1/16/2006 7:32 PM Terry ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    > On 1/16/2006 4:24 PM On a whim, Mark pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> Herb wrote:

    >>> Just use Delete instead of Detach :-)
    >>>

    >> There is no Detach
    >> option, and there is no Delete option
    >>

    >> Thanks!

    > That may not be a feature of 1.0.7.

    You're right, Terry. The Detach/Delete attachment option first appeared
    in 1.5a1. I distinctly remember testing it for Herb at the time.
    --
    Jim

    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    -Oscar Wilde

  6. Re: Detaching attachments

    On 17.01.2006 01:36 UK Time, MushMorton wrote:
    > On 1/16/2006 7:32 PM Terry ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:

    >>> There is no Detach
    >>> option, and there is no Delete option
    >>>

    >>> Thanks!

    >> That may not be a feature of 1.0.7.

    > You're right, Terry. The Detach/Delete attachment option first appeared
    > in 1.5a1. I distinctly remember testing it for Herb at the time.

    Quite right! Similar functionality is available in 1.0.7 via the
    Attachment Tools extension (I didn't mention this in my original reply
    because I saw that the OP uses 1.5), but from what I have seen so far
    the function integrated in 1.5 is much more reliable and stable, and
    infinitely faster than Attachment Tools, in other words a great improvement!

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread