TB [1.5] Timeout while checking eMails on different accounts - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB [1.5] Timeout while checking eMails on different accounts - Mozilla ; I use the new TB version 1.5. When I try to check my eMails on different accounts, I always get an error-message when TB is checking my second account: TimeOut of the eMail-server. But this server is actually up. What ...

  1. TB [1.5] Timeout while checking eMails on different accounts

    I use the new TB version 1.5. When I try to check my eMails on different
    accounts, I always get an error-message when TB is checking my second
    account: TimeOut of the eMail-server. But this server is actually up.
    What can I do?

    Thanks a lot!

    Benni

  2. Re: TB [1.5] Timeout while checking eMails on different accounts

    _Benjamin Gottschalk_ spoke thusly on 16/01/2006 7:44 AM:
    > I use the new TB version 1.5. When I try to check my eMails on different
    > accounts, I always get an error-message when TB is checking my second
    > account: TimeOut of the eMail-server. But this server is actually up.
    > What can I do?
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    Some more info is needed.
    - Do you have more than two mail accounts in TB?
    - If you select the individual account, and click on "Get Mail" (rather
    than using 'Get all new messages'), does it work?
    - What type of account is it?
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help

  3. Re: TB [1.5] Timeout while checking eMails on different accounts

    Chris Ilias schrieb:
    > _Benjamin Gottschalk_ spoke thusly on 16/01/2006 7:44 AM:
    >> I use the new TB version 1.5. When I try to check my eMails on
    >> different accounts, I always get an error-message when TB is checking
    >> my second account: TimeOut of the eMail-server. But this server is
    >> actually up. What can I do?
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot!

    > Some more info is needed.
    > - Do you have more than two mail accounts in TB?
    > - If you select the individual account, and click on "Get Mail" (rather
    > than using 'Get all new messages'), does it work?
    > - What type of account is it?

    I have exactly two accounts in TB: They're both from gmx. The server for
    receiving eMails is in both cases pop.gmx.de, the smtp-server is in both
    cases mail.gmx.de.

    If I try to fetch my eMails from just the second account, sometimes it
    work, but most time it doesn't.

    My first account always works fine, independent from the used method to
    get eMail (All Accounts | Just this one).

+ Reply to Thread