Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters - Mozilla ; I would appreciate it if any one can tell me how to find a message I posted yesterday. I've used the Find utility looking for both "message" and "filter" to no avail. And of course the Find utility doesn't work ...

  1. Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters

    I would appreciate it if any one can tell me how to find a message I
    posted yesterday.

    I've used the Find utility looking for both "message" and "filter" to no
    avail. And of course the Find utility doesn't work in the
    *mozilla.support.thunderbird* account.

    Thanks,
    Don

  2. Re: Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters

    On 16.01.2006 11:54 UK Time, Don Nickell wrote:
    > I would appreciate it if any one can tell me how to find a message I
    > posted yesterday.
    >
    > I've used the Find utility looking for both "message" and "filter" to no
    > avail. And of course the Find utility doesn't work in the
    > *mozilla.support.thunderbird* account.

    Don,

    what exactly are you looking for?

    As far as I am aware the Find utility works in exactly the same way here
    and at mozilla.support.thunderbird, i.e. you either type a search term
    in the quick search box, or you call up the Search window via Shif+Ctrl+F

    Note that, as usual for newsgroups, for expanded search facility you
    need to be in offline mode *and* you need to download the messages first.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters

    Herb wrote:
    > On 16.01.2006 11:54 UK Time, Don Nickell wrote:
    >> I would appreciate it if any one can tell me how to find a message I
    >> posted yesterday.
    >>
    >> I've used the Find utility looking for both "message" and "filter" to
    >> no avail. And of course the Find utility doesn't work in the
    >> *mozilla.support.thunderbird* account.

    > Don,
    >
    > what exactly are you looking for?
    >
    > As far as I am aware the Find utility works in exactly the same way here
    > and at mozilla.support.thunderbird, i.e. you either type a search term
    > in the quick search box, or you call up the Search window via Shif+Ctrl+F
    >
    > Note that, as usual for newsgroups, for expanded search facility you
    > need to be in offline mode *and* you need to download the messages first.

    I can use the Find for the secnews groups but not for these support groups.

    Then there must be some differences in our Account Settings because I
    constantly get the bloody message "A News (NNTP) error occurred: xpat not
    supported."

    How can I determine the difference between your account settings and mine?
    I just looked at mine again and can't find anything that would indicate
    enabling a Find utility.

  4. Re: Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters

    Thanos wrote:
    > Don Nickell wrote:
    >
    >> I've used the Find utility looking for both "message" and "filter" to
    >> no avail. And of course the Find utility doesn't work in the
    >> *mozilla.support.thunderbird* account.

    > Have you tried to use the search bar? It should work.

    Just tried it as per your suggestion. It didn't work for me. Have you had
    success that way? If so how many messages do you find that way?

    Don

  5. Re: Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters

    Don Nickell wrote:
    > Thanos wrote:
    >
    >>Don Nickell wrote:
    >>

    >>>I've used the Find utility looking for both "message" and "filter" to
    >>>no avail. And of course the Find utility doesn't work in the
    >>>*mozilla.support.thunderbird* account.

    >>Have you tried to use the search bar? It should work.

    > Just tried it as per your suggestion. It didn't work for me. Have you had
    > success that way? If so how many messages do you find that way?
    >
    > Don

    Can't tell you right now because I'm on Mozilla Suite. But with
    "message" as keyword it returns 58 matches and with filter 14.

    At the left corner of the box where you enter the keyword in the search
    bar there should be an icon. Click on it and select "subject or sender".

  6. Re: Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters

    Don Nickell wrote:

    > I would appreciate it if any one can tell me how to find a message I
    > posted yesterday.
    >
    > I've used the Find utility looking for both "message" and "filter" to no
    > avail. And of course the Find utility doesn't work in the
    > *mozilla.support.thunderbird* account.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Don

  7. Re: Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters

    _Don Nickell_ spoke thusly on 16/01/2006 6:54 AM:
    > I would appreciate it if any one can tell me how to find a message I
    > posted yesterday.
    >
    > I've used the Find utility looking for both "message" and "filter" to no
    > avail. And of course the Find utility doesn't work in the
    > *mozilla.support.thunderbird* account.
    >
    > Thanks,

    View -> Toolbars -> Search Bar.
    This will allow you to search for messages by subject or sender.

    You can also switch to offline mode before using Advanced Search.

    If you want to search by anything other than subject of sender, you have
    to download the message bodies for offline reading.
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help

  8. Re: Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters

    On 1/16/2006 6:35 AM Pacific, Don Nickell wrote:
    > Herb wrote:
    >> On 16.01.2006 11:54 UK Time, Don Nickell wrote:
    >>> I would appreciate it if any one can tell me how to find a message I
    >>> posted yesterday.
    >>>
    >>> I've used the Find utility looking for both "message" and "filter" to
    >>> no avail. And of course the Find utility doesn't work in the
    >>> *mozilla.support.thunderbird* account.

    >> Don,
    >>
    >> what exactly are you looking for?
    >>
    >> As far as I am aware the Find utility works in exactly the same way here
    >> and at mozilla.support.thunderbird, i.e. you either type a search term
    >> in the quick search box, or you call up the Search window via Shif+Ctrl+F
    >>
    >> Note that, as usual for newsgroups, for expanded search facility you
    >> need to be in offline mode *and* you need to download the messages first.
    >>

    > I can use the Find for the secnews groups but not for these support groups.
    >
    > Then there must be some differences in our Account Settings because I
    > constantly get the bloody message "A News (NNTP) error occurred: xpat not
    > supported."
    >
    > How can I determine the difference between your account settings and mine?
    > I just looked at mine again and can't find anything that would indicate
    > enabling a Find utility.

    Don:

    You have to go offline in order to search (at least I do!). No need to
    do a download befor going off line.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  9. Re: Can't find messaeg on requesting help for Message Filters

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Don Nickell_ spoke thusly on 16/01/2006 6:54 AM:
    >
    >> I would appreciate it if any one can tell me how to find a message I
    >> posted yesterday.
    >>
    >> I've used the Find utility looking for both "message" and "filter" to
    >> no avail. And of course the Find utility doesn't work in the
    >> *mozilla.support.thunderbird* account.
    >>
    >> Thanks,

    > View -> Toolbars -> Search Bar.
    > This will allow you to search for messages by subject or sender.
    >
    > You can also switch to offline mode before using Advanced Search.
    >
    > If you want to search by anything other than subject of sender, you have
    > to download the message bodies for offline reading.

    An alternative method
    Highlight a message, click on the Sender column, now all messages are
    listed by Sender, go up or down the list until you find the message you
    posted previously. Click on the thread icon to get back to 'normal' view

+ Reply to Thread