installing language pack won't change the language - Mozilla

This is a discussion on installing language pack won't change the language - Mozilla ; I usually install the English version of TB and then install the Greek language pack. This used to work fine up to 1.0.7 version althought the last greek language pack was for 1.0.2. Now with TB 1.5 installing the language ...

  1. installing language pack won't change the language

    I usually install the English version of TB and then install the Greek
    language pack. This used to work fine up to 1.0.7 version althought the
    last greek language pack was for 1.0.2. Now with TB 1.5 installing the
    language pack won't change the language.

    I asked the translator and he suggested to install the Locale Switcher
    extension. Is there any other way to enable the Greek language pack? Any
    prefs.js setting?

  2. Re: installing language pack won't change the language

    Thanos wrote:

    > I usually install the English version of TB and then install the Greek
    > language pack. This used to work fine up to 1.0.7 version althought the
    > last greek language pack was for 1.0.2. Now with TB 1.5 installing the
    > language pack won't change the language.
    >
    > I asked the translator and he suggested to install the Locale Switcher
    > extension. Is there any other way to enable the Greek language pack? Any
    > prefs.js setting?

    Found it!

    There is an option called general.useragent.locale in the prefs.js file.
    If you change there the default en-US to el-GR or whatever your locale
    is, next time you start TB the new language will appear.

+ Reply to Thread