Turn off bolding of Draft folder - was: Settings not sticking afterupgrade to 1.5 - ping Karsten! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Turn off bolding of Draft folder - was: Settings not sticking afterupgrade to 1.5 - ping Karsten! - Mozilla ; As reported earlier, I narrowed the problem of my settings not sticking after the upgrade to 1.5 down to userChrome.css. More specifically, the "mybindings.xbl" kindly provided by Karsten about a year ago in netscape.mozilla.thunderbird as part of the very long ...

  1. Turn off bolding of Draft folder - was: Settings not sticking afterupgrade to 1.5 - ping Karsten!

    As reported earlier, I narrowed the problem of my settings not sticking
    after the upgrade to 1.5 down to userChrome.css.

    More specifically, the "mybindings.xbl" kindly provided by Karsten about
    a year ago in netscape.mozilla.thunderbird as part of the very long
    "Folder colours" thread, which subsequently changed to "bold messages in
    Unsent Folders/ Draft" appears to be incompatible with TB 1.5 and
    appears to make settings non-sticky.

    The original purpose of "mybindings.xbl" was to have user-definable
    colours for individual mail folders, and I subsequently also used this
    file for preventing the Drafts folder from turning bold when a message
    is saved as draft.

    Since I found the QuickMove extension, folder colours are less of an
    issue for me, because I can simply file messages from the Inbox via
    right-click (without having to drag them to different folders).

    However, I still hate the Draft folder turning bold when I save a
    message as draft, because I find it very distracting.

    Fortunately, "mybindings.xbl" isn't required for changing this
    behaviour, and on 19 February 2005 Parish posted a much simpler solution
    (which I just implemented, and it works perfectly well) as follows:

    If you don't like it, add these lines to userChrome.css in the chrome
    directory of your profile - the file doesn't exist by default, you have
    to create it.

    treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(specialFolder-Drafts),
    treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(specialFolder-Unsent) {
    font-weight: normal !important;
    }

    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  2. Re: Turn off bolding of Draft folder - was: Settings not stickingafter upgrade to 1.5 - ping Karsten!

    On 16.01.2006 09:31 UK Time, Herb wrote:

    > As reported earlier, I narrowed the problem of my settings not sticking
    > after the upgrade to 1.5 down to userChrome.css.
    >
    > More specifically, the "mybindings.xbl" kindly provided by Karsten about
    > a year ago in netscape.mozilla.thunderbird as part of the very long
    > "Folder colours" thread, which subsequently changed to "bold messages in
    > Unsent Folders/ Draft" appears to be incompatible with TB 1.5 and
    > appears to make settings non-sticky.
    >
    > The original purpose of "mybindings.xbl" was to have user-definable
    > colours for individual mail folders, and I subsequently also used this
    > file for preventing the Drafts folder from turning bold when a message
    > is saved as draft.
    >
    > Since I found the QuickMove extension, folder colours are less of an
    > issue for me, because I can simply file messages from the Inbox via
    > right-click (without having to drag them to different folders).
    >
    > However, I still hate the Draft folder turning bold when I save a
    > message as draft, because I find it very distracting.
    >
    > Fortunately, "mybindings.xbl" isn't required for changing this
    > behaviour, and on 19 February 2005 Parish posted a much simpler solution
    > (which I just implemented, and it works perfectly well) as follows:
    >
    > ************************************************** *************
    > If you don't like it, add these lines to userChrome.css in the chrome
    > directory of your profile - the file doesn't exist by default, you have
    > to create it.
    >
    > treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(specialFolder-Drafts),
    > treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(specialFolder-Unsent) {
    > font-weight: normal !important;
    > }
    > ************************************************** *************

    I just noticed that my Junk folder is also turning bold when a junk
    message arrives.

    I don't recall this from 1.0.7 - perhaps I had turned it off somehow?

    Is there a standard setting for turning it off?

    If not, I dare say I could include the line

    treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(specialFolder-Junk)

    in userChrome.css?

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk