Quote colours - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Quote colours - Mozilla ; Have just upgraded to TB 1.5 Still cannot get quote colours extension to stick Each time I restart TB, QC has defaulted back to TB standard Has anyone else experienced this and found out the answer? CRG...

  1. Quote colours

    Have just upgraded to TB 1.5
    Still cannot get quote colours extension to stick
    Each time I restart TB, QC has defaulted back to TB standard
    Has anyone else experienced this and found out the answer?

    CRG

  2. Re: Quote colours

    On 1/15/2006 10:09 AM Tommi Nieminen loudly proclaimed:

    > CRG kirjoitti:
    >
    >> Still cannot get quote colours extension to stick
    >> Each time I restart TB, QC has defaulted back to TB standard

    > I don't know about quote colours extension, but have you tried creating
    > a userContent.css (or editing it, if you already have one) to do the
    > job? I guess that's the way the extension does it, too. You might try
    > observing the file's time stamp to see, if it's written at all.
    >
    > The file is located under the profile directory's "chrome" subdirectory,
    > and you can set the colours as in the following example:
    >

    > blockquote[type=cite] {
    > color: gray ! important;
    > }
    >

    > (Without the ... metatags, of course!) Instead of gray,
    > you could use:
    >
    > color: #bebebe
    >
    > (same as "gray"), or:
    >
    > color: rgb(190, 190, 190)
    >
    > (still the same colour).

    You can use the userContent.css file to control the quote colors, border
    size (or no border at all) and if the border is on one side or both
    sides. I could post it if anyone is interested. I just used entries I
    found in the Mozilla forums and other sites and modified them to fit the
    way I wanted TB to look.

    --
    LJ
    My Best Friend Is My Wife!!

  3. Re: Quote colours

    On 1/15/2006 8:54 AM CRG ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    > Have just upgraded to TB 1.5
    > Still cannot get quote colours extension to stick
    > Each time I restart TB, QC has defaulted back to TB standard
    > Has anyone else experienced this and found out the answer?
    >
    > CRG

    You could simply create your own with UserContent.css and the
    information here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...pp_quotelevels

    --
    Jim

    "There are 350 varieties of shark, not counting loan and pool."
    -L. M. Boyd

  4. Re: Quote colours

    MushMorton wrote:
    > On 1/15/2006 8:54 AM CRG ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    >> Have just upgraded to TB 1.5
    >> Still cannot get quote colours extension to stick
    >> Each time I restart TB, QC has defaulted back to TB standard
    >> Has anyone else experienced this and found out the answer?
    >>
    >> CRG

    > You could simply create your own with UserContent.css and the
    > information here:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...pp_quotelevels

    QC also gets rid of the >>>>>> replacing it with a coloured | instead.
    How can I achieve that in CSS please?

    CRG

  5. Re: Quote colours

    On 01/15/06 08:54, CRG wrote:
    > Have just upgraded to TB 1.5
    > Still cannot get quote colours extension to stick
    > Each time I restart TB, QC has defaulted back to TB standard
    > Has anyone else experienced this and found out the answer?

    Do you have Quote Colors 0.2.7 for Thunderbird from
    ?

    Have you tried completely uninstalling Quote Colors, restarting and
    installing the new one?

    Download it (Quote Colors) again, just in case something was wrong with
    what you currently have.

    FWIW, it works fine for me.

    (Oops, meant to send this message a while ago.)
    --
    Yay!

  6. Re: Quote colours

    CRG kirjoitti:

    > QC also gets rid of the >>>>>> replacing it with a coloured | instead.
    > How can I achieve that in CSS please?

    Here's what I'm using -- thin solid gray line, and somewhat reduced font
    size for quotes (but note that the size reduction is recursive!, that
    is, each quote level is 5% smaller than the one above it).

    blockquote[type=cite] {
    border-left: thin solid gray ! important;
    border-right: none ! important;
    color: gray ! important;
    font-size: 95% ! important;
    }

    --
    ..... Tommi Nieminen .... http://www.saunalahti.fi/~tommni/ ....
    It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little

+ Reply to Thread